• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

The Book of Boba Fett

Phil

• Phil changed the title to The Book of Boba Fett

Once Disney bought Star Wars and Marvel, and then started their own streaming service, it was only a matter of time before they started to milk both of those franchises and that's exactly what they're doing. There's almost too much programming now. Like, as much as I love the Monsters Inc. movies, they made a series for that which really doesn't seem necessary.

• 2 months later...

I really enjoyed the back half of this episode. The entire process of earning the trust of the sand people, learning how to fight like them, etc. The transition to get there was awful, though, and Fett is being positioned to be overly trusting, bordering on stupid thus far.

It feels very casual so far. Fennec Shan's acting...meh at best. Loved the Wookie bodyguard, interested to see how the brute comes into play later. I agree on the Sand People scene, and building out more of their culture. Also showing us a side/faction of Star Wars we haven't gotten to see. Hopefully the present-day story improves.

The present-day story is the most unimpressive because of how weak they've positioned him. I don't even mean the "I'm going to rule with respect" thing. I mean he's walking into literal traps that you can see coming a mile away. It's so dumb.

What is this shit? Dancing around the fire with Sand people? Why's he keep taking off his helmet in present story timeline? Everyone is trying to kill him but he's gotta have his helmet off half the time? 

I thought the dude from Mando got shit for asking if his character could have his helmet off more often? Yet we get this?

It better pick up.  

12 hours ago, Phil said:

Mandalorians who believe in never removing their helmet are a small sect on Mandalore. They literally explained this throughout the last season of Mandalorian.

Fett clearly doesn't agree with their beliefs.

I understand that for an explanation of why the Mando actor should leave his helmet on. It's t h e story and all that.  

But Boba Fett seems to be a target where ever he goes.  Keep the helmet on for life safety. Not for Mandalorian code, is what I'm saying.

LOL, I'm handing out life safety advice to a fictional character. 

I'm struggling with this one. I want to enjoy it, but there's so much about it that feels sterile and Disney-fied. Bad Batch already gave me a bad impression, although I could deal with that because it was an animated kids shows.

Star Wars will always at its heart be for kids, that's what Lucas has said, but this feels too kid-oriented for the character its meant to highlight. Some of the scenes have bordered on satirical because the artistic and writing choices just seem poor. It's a shame seeing some of the acting talent involved too because they're completely wasted on bit roles that offer nothing. 

I'll probably stick with it because there are only seven episodes, but man does this not at all get me excited for any of the other Star Wars shows. 

4 minutes ago, Drew a Penalty said:

I'm struggling with this one. I want to enjoy it, but there's so much about it that feels sterile and Disney-fied.

I said it before in one of these threads.. thats basically every new star wars thing these days. Even Mandalorian which is decent is not something I get excited for.

I get its for the kids, I get Disney is kid oriented but Star Wars also had a huge adult following that has been completely ignored. 

7 minutes ago, siddious said:

I said it before in one of these threads.. thats basically every new star wars thing these days. Even Mandalorian which is decent is not something I get excited for.

I get its for the kids, I get Disney is kid oriented but Star Wars also had a huge adult following that has been completely ignored. 

Yeah, I wonder what the issue is that there seems to be this Disneyfication of a product that certainly doesn’t need it. Star Wars has always been good enough at attracting kids. The Marvel movies don’t seem like they have their tone being played with at all, so I don’t see why Star Wars gets different treatment.

It’s not show or film related, but if there’s any indication that Disney doesn’t get Star Wars, look no further than their upcoming Galactic Starcruiser hotel. Look at how sterile everything feels. That’s how this show seems. Like a CW television version of Star Wars even with the plussed effects.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Cash or Czech said:

The scooters last night...has the designer of those watched a Star Wars movie or TV show?

They were uncomfortably out of place. I tried not to direct too much of my distaste towards them. It's bad character design and that's just been consistent through this show for me. In this episode alone we're introduced to two guest characters played by pretty prominently known character actors, and they felt like cameos on Disney Channel.