• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2021-22 Out Of Town Scoreboard

Phil

12 hours ago, Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc said:

lol you gotta love the Devils. Tied with 3 minutes left in the 3rd and they're on the PP. Worst played 1-on-2 by a defensemen ever?

I'm not sure what was worse...the d-man or the back-check.  How does someone have that much time to make a play on a 2-1?

1 minute ago, Phil said:

It's incredible how stark the quality is in broadcasts between TNT and ESPN. Never would have thought TNT would blow them out of the water like they have.

Agreed. TNT is a pleasure to watch. The studio guys have personality and a good EV and flow. Plus they basically love ripping into Gretz and he genuinely seems to roll with it well. 

ESPn. Yikes. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Keirik said:

Agreed. TNT is a pleasure to watch. The studio guys have personality and a good EV and flow. Plus they basically love ripping into Gretz and he genuinely seems to roll with it well. 

ESPn. Yikes. 

ESPN feels like it's taking itself too seriously. It completely lacks the self depreciation TNT brings, which is a big reason it feels so much more welcoming. Liam is also way, way better than Buccigross.

Agreed, the ESPN broadcasts have been pretty painful to watch. The TNT ones have the feel of the old NBC broadcasts, which isn't necessarily a bad thing but not great either. Generally speaking, going from ESPN to TNT feels like upgrading from a McDs/BK level burger to Five Guys/Carl's Jr. Better, but not exactly gourmet quality. 

23 minutes ago, Phil said:

ESPN feels like it's taking itself too seriously. It completely lacks the self depreciation TNT brings, which is a big reason it feels so much more welcoming. Liam is also way, way better than Buccigross.

Exhibit A:

• LMFAO 1

20 minutes ago, Keirik said:

Isles dump another at Fort Rarely Win

And it was a really bad loss. Just a total no-show.

I know they have a lot of games to make up and have a lot of games in hand on just about everyone, but they look really defeated and like a dead team walking.

I think if soon after this break it may be time for them to sell off some assets.

Full lineup and no excuses.  Is the Trotz spell wearing off?

I'm getting tired of the continually lowered bar for jersey retirements and now video tributes.  They played up a video tribute to Jordan Eberle like it was Lou Gehrig and "Today, I consider myself, the luckiest man..."

• Cheers 1

57 minutes ago, RichieNextel305 said:

And it was a really bad loss. Just a total no-show.

I know they have a lot of games to make up and have a lot of games in hand on just about everyone, but they look really defeated and like a dead team walking.

I think if soon after this break it may be time for them to sell off some assets.

They're done. Dead men walking. They've been done for a while even with the games in hand but that, little glimmer of hole just makes it that much sweeter when they lose these games. 

• Cheers 1
  • Keeps it 100 1

2 hours ago, RichieNextel305 said:

Seattle pinning the Islanders in their own zone in the last few minutes while leading 2-0. And of course, per Butch Goring: “that should have been a penalty, that too, everything should be a penalty.”

Its nails on a chalkboard.

They have Jiggs MacDonald on...a Hall Of Famer and Goring is stepping all over him during the broadcast!!  Listening to that act was more comical than watching the Isles get shut out!!!  ...well, maybe not.  My god!  Goring is so bad it's actually worth listening to! 

56 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

They have Jiggs MacDonald on...a Hall Of Famer and Goring is stepping all over him during the broadcast!!  Listening to that act was more comical than watching the Isles get shut out!!!  ...well, maybe not.  My god!  Goring is so bad it's actually worth listening to! 

Jiggle and Eddie Westfall back in the day. I appreciated them. I grew up in a house of Islander fans (my dad and his sister shared season tickets in the early days up until probably 87 or so I have a nostalgia of going to games as a Rangers fan at a young age to watch other teams. 

I also appreciated being at the coliseum back in 94 for games 3 and 4 to sweep that trash of a franchise. I can’t believe these days they pay Goring to do what he does. He’s a sideshow. It’s just a cash grab and a reminiscence of when the last time they were relevant in the league.

btw for some of the younger fans that weren’t around in the mid to late 80s until whenever. The Islanders always had away fans in the arena. It’s nothing new at all. I remember going to am Islanders Flyers game when I was a kid and bus loads of Flyers fans In caravans showing up. Worst fanbase in the league. 

• Like 1
  • Keeps it 100 1

9 hours ago, Sod16 said:

Full lineup and no excuses.  Is the Trotz spell wearing off?

I'm getting tired of the continually lowered bar for jersey retirements and now video tributes.  They played up a video tribute to Jordan Eberle like it was Lou Gehrig and "Today, I consider myself, the luckiest man..."

The bar is so low. Seattle has to sit through one every week lol