• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2021-22 Out Of Town Scoreboard

Phil

5 minutes ago, josh said:

They do shit like that for charities and groups all of the time. I'm not understanding the social media rage about it.

People might just think it's a sad state of affairs when teachers (a) have to buy their own classroom supplies and (b) are rolling around on the floor grabbing dollar bills like a sushi special stripper.

Being married to a teacher who spends a ridiculous amount of her "off the clock" time and money on these students where the school should step in, yeah, this is fucking pathetic. But the people donating are the ones being highlighted as the 'good folks helping out poor teachers' and blasting it all over social media like 'hey, look at us! we're helping and also here's a few lols'.

But also why are we talking about it in this thread?

Edited by Cash or Czech
  • Like 1

Just now, josh said:

People are soft and want to complain about shit.

How about we make the teachers give that money back, yeah!!

Oh oh oh, I better call to make sure they pay necessary taxes on that.

Considering there's a maximum tax deduction that's ridiculously low for teachers who buy school supplies for their students, this is an ignorantly "I've never experienced this, so it's not that big a deal and not my problem" argument. 

• Like 1
  • VINNY! 1

2 minutes ago, Cash or Czech said:

Considering there's a maximum tax deduction that's ridiculously low for teachers who buy school supplies for their students, this is an ignorantly "I've never experienced this, so it's not that big a deal and not my problem" argument. 

wtf are you even talking about

Just now, josh said:

wtf are you even talking about

Your sarcastic reaction to making the teachers pay taxes on donated money. Money that they had to humiliate themselves to get, instead of being handed a check like a normal person. This stunt is for the likes and views, and you don't see the problem with that. 

Just now, Cash or Czech said:

Your sarcastic reaction to making the teachers pay taxes on donated money. Money that they had to humiliate themselves to get, instead of being handed a check like a normal person. This stunt is for the likes and views, and you don't see the problem with that. 

"old man yells at lawn"

1 minute ago, Cash or Czech said:

"Privileged person doesn't care about less privileged people"

that's why I don't understand why people are complaining teachers were given this opportunity.

YOU are the privileged person complaining that someone got something else.

Edited by josh

2 minutes ago, josh said:

that's why I don't understand why people are complaining teachers were given this opportunity.

YOU are the privileged person complaining that someone got something else.

I am disagreeing with the demoralizing, dehumanizing, and embarrassing way someone is given something for the likes and views of the benefactor. 

A - If you're a teacher and you think this is humiliating, demoralizing, dehumanizing, and embarrassing, then don't participate.  

B - A company donating money to teachers is =/= to arguing about how much teachers are paid or how much is spent on education.

C - Of the teachers that participated, at least one who was interviewed is buying snacks and Christmas shit to hang on the walls.

24 minutes ago, josh said:

"old man yells at lawn"

Meh. I'm not really old, but I think that was a little messed up.

I didn't mean for this to get political or anything, I just found that clip weird. Its like 10(?) teachers crawling around to share 5k to give to their school. Like seriously, that's 500 dollars per school and they posted like 5 videos of it on twitter. No big deal, but I just find that kind of virtue signaling really cringe.

Just now, Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc said:

Meh. I'm not really old, but I think that was a little messed up.

I didn't mean for this to get political or anything, I just found that clip weird. Its like 10(?) teachers crawling around to share 5k to give to their school. Like seriously, that's 500 dollars per school and they posted like 5 videos of it on twitter. No big deal, but I just find that kind of virtue signaling really cringe.

They do this at sports games all the time. It's worse in colleges. Or football games having someone kick a field goal for a scholarship. What about those dumb races during baseball games or someone singing take me out to the ball game? And fans trying to answer trivia questions for gift certificates? Does this also extend to underprivileged mite hockey teams playing between periods?