• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Zdeno Chara

Phil

Slow and old, but would likely be a massive boon in grooming the youngest players — namely K'Andre Miller — into model NHLers.

He just checks so many boxes for what they're after. Championship experience. Leadership. Physical. Can (and will) fight. Operates with a heavy work ethic. Former (long-time) captain.

They wanted him last year and tried to sign him, but he opted for the Caps instead. IMO, they should go after him again. Manage the number of games he plays int he regular season and I see little downside here.

If he doesn’t mind not playing every game I think it would be a great signing. But something tells me he wants to play all the time. I just don’t see him signing, he already said no once.

Fox lindgren

Trouba Miller

Lundqvist- chara

Jones - shuffling in and out on the third pair or with injuries

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's not so much that he said "no" as much as he said "I think the Caps give me a better opportunity to win another Cup." He seems ready to move on from Washington. I'd ask. It can't hurt to.

No it wouldn’t hurt and he would certainly be an upgrade over smith

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ya know, I was thinking about how Drury was talking about naming a captain and how it kinda sounded like that captain would be brought in from the outside and the only fit that makes sense is Chara or Getzlaf..

I think it makes sense if the Rangers lose 1 or 2 of the D prospects. Because you know we will all cry if a prospect sits in favor of a vet. Especially one as old as Chara.

He would be perfect with the Rangers on a two year deal. Make him captain till Lafie is ready to take over

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

He's 44. You don't give out two-year deals to someone his age when 35+ contracts still count against the cap after retirement. One-year deal. See how it goes.

• Like 1

He’s so old, and was so bad this season.

He was decidedly passable as a 6th/7th. Not exemplary, not the Chara of yore, but decidedly passable.

I'm fine with him in a 6/7/playercoach role. I think of what he could do with a guy like K'Andre and figure it's worth the roll of the dice.

He was decidedly passable as a 6th/7th. Not exemplary, not the Chara of yore, but decidedly passable.

I'm fine with him in a 6/7/playercoach role. I think of what he could do with a guy like K'Andre and figure it's worth the roll of the dice.

its really not fair to his partner. They either skate around Chara, or they dump it in and his partner has to get it.

He cheats to try to.cover, but that only creates additional "gaps"

still dont understand the lemieux trade. a 4th liner played with passion and could pot a few. they needed more of that not less.
didn't see enough upside to keep him. What's the most he scored here, around 20 pts? Also, he's not a particularly defensive player beyond the instigating, and he's not a center that can win draws.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

What ever happened to that bit on how (I think it was Rick Carpiniello) that actually didn't happen and there was more to that story?

He's completely backtracked and refused to answer. Someone pushed him to during a recent Q&A and he still didn't budge. Mustn't be verifiable enough of a source because Carp loves providing his $0.02 when he can.