• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2020-21 | Semis | (C3) Tampa Bay Lightning vs. (E4) New York Islanders

Phil

Who wins?  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Lightning in 4
    • Lightning in 5
    • Lightning in 6
    • Lightning in 7
    • Isles in 4
    • Isles in 5
    • Isles in 6
    • Isles in 7

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With the Canadian division creating a bit of an interesting dynamic with matchups, it will be kind of weird having two Eastern Conference teams playing each other for the Cup. Haha.

For the first time since 1980, we will see two teams from the Eastern Conference play for Lord Stanley's Cup.

Right! Back in the 70's and 80's you'd have two Eastern teams playing each other in the Final since alignments were different then. This is basically like that, except even weirder because it's the same Division, as you said. This might not happen again unless there's some big realignment in the future.

or another pandemic

I wanted Tampa to win this series for obvious reasons but now I want Montreal to win because fuck Cooper and the cap circumvention team

Every team would do the same thing as the Lightning did with Kucherov if they could.

Whats the difference for a team trading for Marian Hossa or Marian Gaborik and putting them on LTIR? Only difference is that they sucked, got a draft pick, and still are able to sign players to take their spot.

Every team would do the same thing as the Lightning did with Kucherov if they could.

Whats the difference for a team trading for Marian Hossa or Marian Gaborik and putting them on LTIR? Only difference is that they sucked, got a draft pick, and still are able to sign players to take their spot.

It's really just a case of jealousy where a team could sit their best player and still show up at a Cup Final.

Thank God Keirik jinxed them.

When Tampa was up 2-0 in Game 6 with 6 minutes left in the second, I was thinking that it looked like the Messier called shot game, thankfully, that only almost panned out. If Tampa had blown it after scoring 12 straight goals and up by two, I would have been pushing Jim Jones Koolaid on myself and this whole Board.

I've put my hari kari samurai sword away.

• Like 1

Thank God Keirik jinxed them.

When Tampa was up 2-0 in Game 6 with 6 minutes left in the second, I was thinking that it looked like the Messier called shot game, thankfully, that only almost panned out. If Tampa had blown it after scoring 12 straight goals and up by two, I would have been pushing Jim Jones Koolaid on myself and this whole Board.

I've put my hari kari samurai sword away.

I figured if I say it every game it has to work. Whatever it takes to keep that toilet of a franchise from winning

• Like 2

It would be hilarious if a Canadian team finally won a SC whilst the majority of this country is furiously determining the best way to cancel all Canada Day celebrations and how we should go about disbanding the country. That's something I can root for.

Right! Back in the 70's and 80's you'd have two Eastern teams playing each other in the Final since alignments were different then. This is basically like that, except even weirder because it's the same Division, as you said. This might not happen again unless there's some big realignment in the future.

Format was you lined everyone in the NHL up 1 through 16 and played it out. Owners wound up not liking that much because of travel expenses, but may be an idea which should come back. The division setup hurts you if you have a great team in your division. As Brooks mentions today, Herb Brooks' Rangers could never get past the Islanders in the early rounds.

Just such a fraudulent fanbase. They couldnt get 4k people in that building for years unless they were playing the rangers

Yes. They are born of traitors. The original Islanders fan base were Rangers fans who switched as soon as the Islanders started winning. That's the heredity of their current fans.