• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Fire John Davidson, Jeff Gorton; Drury Named President & GM

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It’ll probably be Messier with Drury as gm. While there isn’t much experience there with Mess obviously, at LEAST you know the Drury Mess combo will address leadership and toughness.

We’ve seen how hoarding underachieving first founders has worked.

• Like 1

Holy shit.

I never understood how John Davidson went from a colour commentator to a President of a half billion dollar company anyways, but I don't blame either he or Gorton for distancing themselves from that statement, as I found the statement utterly embarrassing. Obviously, so did they.

• Like 1

It’ll probably be Messier with Drury as gm. While there isn’t much experience there with Mess obviously, at LEAST you know the Drury Mess combo will address leadership and toughness.

We’ve seen how hoarding underachieving first founders has worked.

Drury was already named president and gm

speechless about the front office. i bet dollars to donuts dolan doesnt know who george parros is or what he does.

sucks to see JD gone. i know we need toughness and it looked to me like jd was addressing that in the last draft.

DOLAN is a BIG BAG OF SHIT and nothing more than a member of the lucky sperm club. i dont wish death on many

but him and Deblowsio are on the top of my list.

I'm a fan of Drury. But this seems kind of sudden and knee-jerk. It was clear he was the heir apparent, but I didn't think it would be today.

Agreed. I still don’t understand firing JD. Getting rid of Gorton is one thing and Drury may have slotted in as GM nicely but why JD?

Only guess is was a if you fire him you may as well fire me too situation.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Agreed. I still don’t understand firing JD. Getting rid of Gorton is one thing and Drury may have slotted in as GM nicely but why JD?

Only guess is was a if you fire him you may as well fire me too situation.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Well, JD also distanced himself from that statement so that alone was good enough for him to get fired too. :( It blows.

I'm shocked, and I don't believe the reports saying it was merely coincidental with the letter.

I think the team needed a couple of moves this offseason, but they were on the right path. Now I'm just confused and my confidence in the direction this team will go is completely shaken.

I'm shocked, and I don't believe the reports saying it was merely coincidental with the letter.

I think the team needed a couple of moves this offseason, but they were on the right path. Now I'm just confused and my confidence in the direction this team will go is completely shaken.

Especially if Fuck Face Dolan decides to start hiring guys who's names hang in the Garden with ZERO experience. FUCKING DOLAN

This is the thing I don't get.

Gorton, all things considered, has done a tremendous job with the rebuild. Sure, some luck involved and a few small shots in the foot, but he's put together one of the most impressive collections of young talent the organization has seen in almost 50 years - possibly in the history of the franchise. He did it in under three years, no less! It's just nuts to can him now. It makes no sense.

This is the thing I don't get.

Gorton, all things considered, has done a tremendous job with the rebuild. Sure, some luck involved and a few small shots in the foot, but he's put together one of the most impressive collections of young talent the organization has seen in almost 50 years - possibly in the history of the franchise. He did it in under three years, no less! It's just nuts to can him now. It makes no sense.

Dolan be doling the absurdity.

If this was about "underperforming", a little puzzled as to why they make this move now instead of in a week after the end of the regular season. A little pointless to draw attention to an already tense situation with the club.