• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS] (#51) Rangers v. New York Islanders // A Little Bit Alexis

But are they really THAT good?

They haven't had any overwhelming wins in the last month except vs. the Rangers. 3 games before this one they didn't score a 5x5 goal vs. the Caps. They struggled vs. the Flyers with all 3 games the Isles winning in a shootout....They got shutdown vs. the Bruins. They basically beat up on the Rangers in April and Washington on Apr 1st

No, but they are that much better than a much more talented rangers squad.

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Get used to it boys, it’s gonna be rinse and repeat next season.

Start the season lacking effort, lose. Get desperate, work hard, win, look good doing so. Get over confident, stop working, start coasting, lose.

Zero character, zero physicality, zero coaching, and can’t win a face off, ever. Don’t see any of that changing. They need to have the balls to fire Quinn, albeit it’s not all on him, and throw a grenade in the dressing room. Move a big popular piece to show it’s not acceptable (I’m looking at you Kreider).

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Kreider isn't even dressed tonight. Odd time to hate on him.

I agree with your sentiment though. Moving a guy like Zibanejad would certainly have that effect.

Unfortunately, aside from some noticeable individual improvements, as an overall team I don't feel like the Rangers have taken any step forward in their rebuild. Basically the same place as they were last season. Who knows if next season will be another status quo, but barring major off-season personnel changes (players and/or behind the bench), I see no reason to believe it'll be any different.

IMO I do think they'll be improvement, no training camp this year, Covid wreaked havoc in the beginning of the year, they'll hopefully beat up on more of the shittier teams in the league with a full schedule, which brings me that they would have more time to jell. If the season was 82 games instead of 56, I do think they would be right there for a playoff spot this year. However I do think Quinn isn't the guy they should have behind the bench.

Get used to it boys, it’s gonna be rinse and repeat next season.

Start the season lacking effort, lose. Get desperate, work hard, win, look good doing so. Get over confident, stop working, start coasting, lose.

Zero character, zero physicality, zero coaching, and can’t win a face off, ever. Don’t see any of that changing. They need to have the balls to fire Quinn, albeit it’s not all on him, and throw a grenade in the dressing room. Move a big popular piece to show it’s not acceptable (I’m looking at you Kreider).

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

3-way baby

Vgk

Zibanejad

Nyr

Eichel

South Toronto

Glass

Vgk 1st

Vgk 2nd

Nyr 1st

Chytil