• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS] (#51) Rangers v. New York Islanders // A Little Bit Alexis

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Rangers getting outworked at pretty much every turn. Pathetic showing.

Yeah, I’d say they look pretty normal, too.

Can’t wait to see their 12 minutes of good hockey. Not sure it will be enough, though.

Know what might be nice in a game like this? A big body who can take the puck to the net. A guy who's done it every chance he's gotten and still exiled to the press box.

I don't think it really matters, but yeah, puzzling decision.

I'm going to think that Brendan Smith will have a lot more to say during intermission than Quinn will. I believe in Smitty to wake this team up.

This period is arguably the single strongest argument to fire Quinn. Biggest game of the year, your top 2 lines don't show up, and you allow the Isles to dominate. There is no backup plan if teams defense Panarin and Zib yet again.

Pretty embarrassing.

I dunno how much you alter your roster to compete with one, or two, teams at this point, but this is just a total mis-match.

Yeah, I don't know. Most teams don't match up well against the Islanders, honestly. It just sucks they have to play them 6-8 times per year.

This period is arguably the single strongest argument to fire Quinn. Biggest game of the year, your top 2 lines don't show up, and you allow the Isles to dominate. There is no backup plan if teams dennse Panarin and Zib yet again.

It doesn't help your team takes two absolutely braindead offensive zone penalties. That's not on the coach.

Getting outworked the way they are is pretty damning, though it's par for the course.

Yeah, I don't know. Most teams don't match up well against the Islanders, honestly. It just sucks they have to play them 6-8 times per year.

You just have to skate and attack the net. That’s what they defend against, but when you are bigger *, faster and more skilled - you just need the will.

They're not the most talented or the most fun to watch, but they are extremely well coached and play the type of hockey that you need to win in the postseason. They were two wins away from the Final last year.

This period is arguably the single strongest argument to fire Quinn. Biggest game of the year, your top 2 lines don't show up, and you allow the Isles to dominate. There is no backup plan if teams defense Panarin and Zib yet again.

Same thing as 9 days ago vs. the Islanders...That game was the biggest game of the year on that date. Every game is the biggest game of the year and they play like shit when its not vs the Devils/Sabres/Flyers

Pretty embarrassing.

I dunno how much you alter your roster to compete with one, or two, teams at this point, but this is just a total mis-match.

Besides the 4th line and a couple Dmen there's nothing wrong with the team. They're young, but its not like they're getting pushed around.

They're playing a team with a plan, while they're all just skating around for fun.

And the Islanders players wants to win, most of the Rangers players dont look interested. Motivating players is also something a coach should be able to do.

He's been really bad this year. Healthy scratched multiple times.

I know, but I guess I thought he was “fine” for the first part before being waived.

Maybe this late season start has me all confused about timing