• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Forget Eichel, Get Giroux

Phil

On 12/9/2021 at 3:56 PM, Phil said:

1. French-Canadian friend/mentor to Lafreniere.
2. Kills C, and RW depth issues with one stone.
3. Face-off ace (currently
62.0%, career 55.6%)
4. 73 points in 85 playoff games.
5. UFA at end of season.

To summarize: get me my boy.

He plays LW

6 minutes ago, Pete said:

Well right now he's a C, but I think the point is he's capable of playing all three forward positions.

Is he? I don't think I've seen him play C regularly for maybe 3 seasons. He was strictly a LW when I've tuned in.

1 hour ago, josh said:

Is he? I don't think I've seen him play C regularly for maybe 3 seasons. He was strictly a LW when I've tuned in.

Daily face off has him as a center and left-wing lock has him as a center over the last 10 games, I try not to watch Philly so I can't speak to live action.

• 3 weeks later...
33 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

Where's the door to this bus?   ....I'm getting on board!

After all the postponements and break, I feel like I haven’t seen anyone play this season. 

Barring health, I’d rather get him over Hertl, but I think the cost to acquire might be more than he’s worth to the Rangers. Pavelski might be the cheaper option. 

17 hours ago, Bugg said:

Spare Kjell Samuelsson and a washed up Lindros a million years ago, NYR and the Orange Crud don't make many trades. 

True, Bugg....but this one would make a lot of sense.

I keep thinking "we don't need the BEST players....we need the RIGHT players"...we could even re-sign him for less, after this year and keep him for the kids to learn from.....Maybe even less that we can sign Chytil for.

1 minute ago, Ozzy said:

True, Bugg....but this one would make a lot of sense.

I keep thinking "we don't need the BEST players....we need the RIGHT players"...we could even re-sign him for less, after this year and keep him for the kids to learn from.....Maybe even less that we can sign Chytil for.

Chytil makes 2.3, there's really no way Giroux takes less when  he's still pretty productive.

Just now, Pete said:

Chytil makes 2.3, there's really no way Giroux takes less when  he's still pretty productive.

What do you think we get him for?  I'm thinking, if he makes a good splash with us in the playoffs,; 3 years $4million/year?

9 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

What do you think we get him for?  I'm thinking, if he makes a good splash with us in the playoffs,; 3 years $4million/year?

I have no idea, he's making $4 in real money this season after a $1 signing bonus, coming off an 8+ cap hit I don't see why he's take less than $6?

Either way at that point you're saying it's him or Strome and I'm not sure that's worth it for a 34.5 year old who we don't know will mesh with Panarin.

14 minutes ago, Pete said:

I have no idea, he's making $4 in real money this season after a $1 signing bonus, coming off an 8+ cap hit I don't see why he's take less than $6?

Either way at that point you're saying it's him or Strome and I'm not sure that's worth it for a 34.5 year old who we don't know will mesh with Panarin.

Yeah, I guess re-signing may be out of the question.  I'd rather have Stromer for the long haul.  Giroux would most likely be a rental.  What we give in return would be the next question.  Like Bugg said, we don't deal with the devil very often!  LOL

• 3 weeks later...
1 minute ago, josh said:

Don't need a righty  

I mean, I'd rather a lefty, but I'm not letting handedness kill that. He's a face-off warrior (second in the league in win percentage), has a stellar playoff track record, plays RW and C both, and is a productive 5v5 player. I'm not letting him being the not-preferred handedness stop this.

34 minutes ago, Phil said:

MSG crew was not-so-quietly all about Girioux-to-Rangers tonight.

Shawn Wayans Message GIF

I always think this when MSG focuses on a player who should be traded.

I think it stems from Nedveds return. They talked him up in some pregame/postgame and a day or 2 later he was back to NY.