• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Forget Eichel, Get Giroux

Phil

16 minutes ago, The Dude said:

He was pretty much a non factor last night.  Surprised he's having the statistical season he's having when you see how he did against the Rangers. Kind of a no show for Giroux.  

I like Giroux as a player, don’t get me wrong. But, I don’t know what it is, he has never really wow’d me. I’m not disputing his talent, believe me. And I’d be all for a potential move to try and get him if it were reasonable. But yeah, he just has never really done it for me. Even in his prime. Don’t know why.

1 hour ago, The Dude said:

He was pretty much a non factor last night.  Surprised he's having the statistical season he's having when you see how he did against the Rangers. Kind of a no show for Giroux.  

Not sure how you can judge a player on one game. Like you said, he's have a good year even though the flyers are absolute dog shit. If he did come here he'd be a 3rd liner, which would be insane.

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, ThirtyONE said:

Not sure how you can judge a player on one game. Like you said, he's have a good year even though the flyers are absolute dog shit. If he did come here he'd be a 3rd liner, which would be insane.

Well, I'm judging the one game. Can I not say he didn't have a good game? I mean WTF. By that showing,  I'm surprised he's having a statistically good season, because that effort was pretty lame for a divisional rival.  Who knows.  Maybe he's banged up, maybe he's getting covid. I'm just saying he didn't have a good game. 

Jesus with some of you...

There's no question he would help the Rangers. I've even said I'm on board with going for him or any big splash rental. 

1 hour ago, RichieNextel305 said:

I like Giroux as a player, don’t get me wrong. But, I don’t know what it is, he has never really wow’d me. I’m not disputing his talent, believe me. And I’d be all for a potential move to try and get him if it were reasonable. But yeah, he just has never really done it for me. Even in his prime. Don’t know why.

When the Flyers were stacked and had a solid roster,I always thought Giroux was the 2nd or 3rd best forward behind Voracek. Schenn and Giroux were solid but I feel like I feared Schenn more, but on any given shift either could take over the play or just make a big play.

Girouxs playoff stats are downright ridiculously good.  

He's in that upper echelon of talent and is a very tempting addition.

If he's available, Drury should have him pegged as a target. Adding a player that is a statistical success in the playoffs should shine through Drurys (so far) pattern of adding nothing but grinders to this roster. 

• VINNY! 1

3 hours ago, ThirtyONE said:

Second. They'd use him at RW off the hop IMO.

11 minutes ago, Phil said:

I'm hopeful they can get both a C and RW. That would signal a serious attempt to make a run. If it's Giroux at RW, I guess that's fine, but it doesn't interest me as much as having him at C.

1 hour ago, ThirtyONE said:

I'm hopeful they can get both a C and RW. That would signal a serious attempt to make a run. If it's Giroux at RW, I guess that's fine, but it doesn't interest me as much as having him at C.

They'd use him like they did Dominic Moore. He'd take almost every draw.

12 hours ago, Phil said:

I don't really agree because the second line is productive despite no RW. 

The third line needs a center and needs to produce more than the second line needs a RW. 

57 minutes ago, Pete said:

I don't really agree because the second line is productive despite no RW. 

The third line needs a center and needs to produce more than the second line needs a RW. 

That's true. It's just my glowing @Morphinity-Nash-like hatred for Kakko, probably.

• LOL 1
  • VINNY! 1

I like Giroux on the 3rd line too!  Maybe between guys like Yukon, and Goodrow.  That would be one heck of a 3rd line, and couple that with Rooney, Reaves and Barron/Goat/Hunt on the 4th, and I think we'd be pretty well set up in the bottom 6.

Heard Larry Brooks on Duguay's podcast saying Giroux having been The Man for so long in one place might be like Eric Staal; not a good fit, too settled in the old place and ways. Also MSL was different because depsite a slow start he wanted to be here. And in that sense Hertl might be a better fit. 

Know it's not 1975 but don't see these Flyers and Rangers dealing in season. 

Edited by Bugg

33 minutes ago, Bugg said:

Heard Larry Brooks on Duguay's podcast saying Giroux having been The Man for so long in one place might be like Eric Staal; not a good fit, too settled in the old place and ways. Also MSL was different because depsite a slow start he wanted to be here. And in that sense Hertl might be a better fit. 

Eric Staal who produced everywhere he's played but here. Eric Staal who was played as a winger here on a pulseless AV team. 

I always hate how people shit on Staal for how badly he was used as a Ranger. Guy did alright everywhere else he played (Buffalo is Buffalo). Playoff performer too. 

I see he just signed an AHL PTO with the Wild. 

9 hours ago, Bugg said:

I mean, I get it, but that wouldn't stop me from trying anyway.

9 hours ago, The Dude said:

Eric Staal who produced everywhere he's played but here. Eric Staal who was played as a winger here on a pulseless AV team. 

I always hate how people shit on Staal for how badly he was used as a Ranger. Guy did alright everywhere else he played (Buffalo is Buffalo). Playoff performer too. 

I see he just signed an AHL PTO with the Wild. 

Staal sucked.

He signed the contract with Olympic aspirations 

Edited by josh