• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Ryan Strome: Good, Actually

Phil

Absolutely gold. I'd rep Josh but he's been on fire lately and I can't.

Probably post of the year. Maybe even of the decade.

Nah, the post of the year got deleted but also got me a massive amount of rep.

But keep doin you, homie! Maybe ADA will be back!

I have no faith or belief that this team and current players will magically become more physical and harder to play against no matter what speed of play Gallant sets the dial. Blaming Quinn for making almost the entire lineup play soft hockey imo is asking for more if the same without changing a handful of parts. Assuming otherwise I think is asking for more of the same results. I still don't believe you can teach physicality and toughness especially across the board.

Spooner is also not in the NHL (has that in common with Josh!) after flaming out playing on the worst team in the league where he was gifted ice time with the best player in the league.

I dont remember him playing all that much with brett howden but I will take your word for it

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Strome's game so far this year looks pretty good to me.  We're not going to let him slip through our fingers.  Too valuable as a 2C in my book.  Chytil has a lot to prove yet, and I'm starting to seriously doubt this season is his coming out party.

So are we back to expecting Strome to produce like a $9 million center but still wanting to pay him like a $6 million one? Dude's been okay. Gotta give him benefit of doubt coming out of COVID, and Panarin still isn't back to his 20-21 form either, and the two really thrive of each other.

3 minutes ago, Karan said:

So are we back to expecting Strome to produce like a $9 million center but still wanting to pay him like a $6 million one? Dude's been okay. Gotta give him benefit of doubt coming out of COVID, and Panarin still isn't back to his 20-21 form either, and the two really thrive of each other.

i want to see if he produce the same numbers on a different team.  then i'll eat crow if he does