• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS] (#35) Rangers v. Washington Capitals // Let's Not Get Stormed

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was just posting that in the other thread, Sharpy! Yeah man, we're gonna have some wiggle room for a change, and that $13 million is going to help hang on to a few controlled RFA's like Buch, Chytil, Goat, Igor and Lindgren.

After reading through the Eichel thread, and watching the teams around the league, I'd kinda be happy hanging on to the kids we have, develop them and then in 3 years bring in my boy MacKinnon when he hits UFA status!

Oh Christ! Could you imagine him as a Ranger??? ;)

I would love it. I'd take him over Eichel for sure.

Quinn’s been recovering from COVID so how do we really expect him to have been all over Kravtsov getting him game ready?

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Right. And while he was out he was only in contact with Knoblauch and a select number of players. Maybe he didn't want to start hyping Krav up considering last year things got lost in translation between the two?

Ahhh, I'm done with the Kravvy rant...

One question though.....seriously....

Am I missing something with DiGuisseppe??? I think this guy should be wearing an orange smock in the paint aisle at Home Depot...I really don't see anything in this guy!

Quinn’s been recovering from COVID so how do we really expect him to have been all over Kravtsov getting him game ready?

Kravtsov has played more hockey than anyone on the team this year, so he dont need to get game ready.

If you want him to «learn the system» you can do that over video and with Knobl and the rest, because he played EXACTLY the same system as Quinn and didnt do anything himself, right? Thats what people said atleast.

Having Kravtsov «skating on his own» is gonna make him ready for NHL how?

He’s in good form, recently played playoff hockey, he knows NA hockey now (played pre season games and been with the team in camp AND played 40 AHL games), he’s young and healthy, he’s a better hockey player than Gauthier. There’s really no reason not having our top prospect play in a lost season when we use Gauthier and Blackwell in his position. None. There’s not even fans in the building and the last two wing prospect shit the bed so there’s not even any pressure on him.

Kravtsov has played more hockey than anyone on the team this year, so he dont need to get game ready.

If you want him to «learn the system» you can do that over video and with Knobl and the rest, because he played EXACTLY the same system as Quinn and didnt do anything himself, right? Thats what people said atleast.

Having Kravtsov «skating on his own» is gonna make him ready for NHL how?

He’s in good form, recently played playoff hockey, he knows NA hockey now (played pre season games and been with the team in camp AND played 40 AHL games), he’s young and healthy, he’s a better hockey player than Gauthier. There’s really no reason not having our top prospect play in a lost season when we use Gauthier and Blackwell in his position. None. There’s not even fans in the building and the last two wing prospect shit the bed so there’s not even any pressure on him.

Watching video isn't comparable to running drills in practice. It's easier to watch videos and think you're capable than it is to physically execute. What you're suggesting isn't comparable, it's supplemental to practicing.

He's skating on his own because it's a gameday and he isn't going to be rotating amongst the regulars if he's already not in consideration for tonight. That's standard practice. It's not as though he's being withheld or ostracized.

Ahhh, I'm done with the Kravvy rant...

One question though.....seriously....

Am I missing something with DiGuisseppe??? I think this guy should be wearing an orange smock in the paint aisle at Home Depot...I really don't see anything in this guy!

Agreed; why give ice time to a guy who on his best day is a marginal NHL player in PDG over a guy you would think will be part of the future in Kravstov.

Aside from Kravtsov, what's the over/under that we end up trading guys like Rooney, and Blackwell at the deadline??

Those guys have done an admirable job this season, and I kinda wish we got to see a little more of Bitetto. Rooney would be a decent 4th line center on a cup contender....and Blackwell would be a good 4th line grinder/PK guy.

Aside from Kravtsov, what's the over/under that we end up trading guys like Rooney, and Blackwell at the deadline??

Those guys have done an admirable job this season, and I kinda wish we got to see a little more of Bitetto. Rooney would be a decent 4th line center on a cup contender....and Blackwell would be a good 4th line grinder/PK guy.

I think I would hold onto Blackwell for the 4th line for next year. Don't need to see Rooney anymore though.

I really hope they trade neither. I know it's easy to "fall in love with" the various fourth liners that pass through on occasion but I've found myself impressed by Rooney and Blackwell. They feel a step above the Paul Careys and Greg McKeggs we've seen pass through over the last number of years. They're much closer to the fourth liners that help you compete in playoffs than just AHL fodder.

They won't trade them. Part of the reason they were signed is to be made available to Seattle.

I really hope they trade neither. I know it's easy to "fall in love with" the various fourth liners that pass through on occasion but I've found myself impressed by Rooney and Blackwell. They feel a step above the Paul Careys and Greg McKeggs we've seen pass through over the last number of years. They're much closer to the fourth liners that help you compete in playoffs than just AHL fodder.

That's exactly the reason, Drew!

I'm thinking why not get something back for a couple of guys that are both signed for another season, CHEAP? They're not even rentals to teams acquiring them. I like both of them as well, and they're really good NHL'ers, We could lose either of them in the Expansion draft for nothing, and we're going to need some roster space for all these young wingers anyway.

Why not get a few picks for '22, for a couple of guys who we didn't think would even move the needle this season?