• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS] (#35) Rangers v. Washington Capitals // Let's Not Get Stormed

I really hope they trade neither. I know it's easy to "fall in love with" the various fourth liners that pass through on occasion but I've found myself impressed by Rooney and Blackwell. They feel a step above the Paul Careys and Greg McKeggs we've seen pass through over the last number of years. They're much closer to the fourth liners that help you compete in playoffs than just AHL fodder.

Definitely. We finally found two real solid pieces that play the 4th line and can move up in a pinch. Also kill penalties effectively. I want both of them back.

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Blackwell has been a really good fit here, I would be kind of bummed if he did get claimed. But, that was most likely his purpose.

Definitely. We finally found two real solid pieces that play the 4th line and can move up in a pinch. Also kill penalties effectively. I want both of them back.

Don't get me wrong, fellas....I think they've been superb here, and what's more is that we were slick enough to have signed them for yet another year on VERY friendly terms. I just don't wanna see us lose them for nothing. If we end up keeping them I'm not going to be disappointed by any means, but if I were a GM of a contending club????

Shit, I'd be all over either one of them like spots on a Dalmatian!! :thumbs:

I'm sure some clubs are going to ask about both of them...they're both VERY affordable (contract-wise), and can step in and play anywhere, anytime.

If you told me at the announcement of Seattle expansion draft that Colin Blackwell would be the player taken from the Rangers i would be very, very happy. We would be escaping two expansions losing Lindberg and Blackwell compared to other teams we're lucky.

If you told me at the announcement of Seattle expansion draft that Colin Blackwell would be the player taken from the Rangers i would be very, very happy. We would be escaping two expansions losing Lindberg and Blackwell compared to other teams we're lucky.

I don't think you'll see this expansion draft go the same way Vegas' did. Hopefully by now GMs know to just let a player get selected and be okay with it. Trying to make deals to lose contracts or save players did nothing but backfire on pretty much every team that made a deal. At the time people complained that Lindberg went for nothing because he was coming off a good playoff series. Funny how perception changes.

Relax. Seattle is not taking any 28 year old journeymen, even if they are coming off good seasons.

Because we have so many first and second year players who do not need to be protected, we are probably in a better position with respect to the expansion draft than any team in the league.

Relax. Seattle is not taking any 28 year old journeymen, even if they are coming off good seasons.

Because we have so many first and second year players who do not need to be protected, we are probably in a better position with respect to the expansion draft than any team in the league.

The average age of the Golden Knights in their first season was 28.