• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS] (#28) Rangers v. Philadelphia Flyers // Luck of the Irish

• Replies 502
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Said the same thing to my kids 25+ years ago gloves and sticks all over the ice and penalty box packed

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Was weird to see them just slink away quietly. Bet there's blowback at home for that.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Wow I remember the AV Rangers within defensive system and worse no fight. Can't imagine the Flyer fan watching this and not seeing somebody on their team go full blown goon. Welcome to AV hockey. My god that was one god awful performance. Honestly don't remember a game that poorly contested ever. Could you imagine if the Rangers had a period like that?

Wow I remember the AV Rangers within defensive system and worse no fight. Can't imagine the Flyer fan watching this and not seeing somebody on their team go full blown goon. Welcome to AV hockey. My god that was one god awful performance. Honestly don't remember a game that poorly contested ever. Could you imagine if the Rangers had a period like that?

we've been there before with AV

https://www.nydailynews.com/sports/hockey/rangers/nash-exits-injury-sharks-embarrass-rangers-9-2-article-1.1480223

A 7-goal period. Holy fucking shit. I was at the game in 1971 when the Rangers beat the California Golden Seals 12-1. They took out Gilles Meloche after 9 goals (in tears). Still, I don't think they had 7 goals in a period.

Wow Rod, I was listening on the radio. Marv said that Meloche had to be led to the bench. Back then, goalies were rarely pulled and definitely not after 4-5 goals.

As a postscript, I was at the game the next time the Seals came to the Garden. The Rangers were not ready to play and lost 7-3 to the worst team in hockey! When I got home, my mom said Bill Chadwick was saying "I can't believe it, I can't believe it, It's the Golden Seals!"

I was also at the game in 1974 when Rick Middleton scored 4 in a 10-0 win over those Seals, I think the biggest shutout win in team history.

Wow Rod, I was listening on the radio. Marv said that Meloche had to be led to the bench. Back then, goalies were rarely pulled and definitely not after 4-5 goals.

As a postscript, I was at the game the next time the Seals came to the Garden. The Rangers were not ready to play and lost 7-3 to the worst team in hockey! When I got home, my mom said Bill Chadwick was saying "I can't believe it, I can't believe it, It's the Golden Seals!"

I was also at the game in 1974 when Rick Middleton scored 4 in a 10-0 win over those Seals, I think the biggest shutout win in team history.

Yes, it is.

Edit: Also, it was the most goals the Rangers have scored in a game since they scored ten at Tampa Bay on 11/10/98. Mika was the first Ranger with a six point game since Mark Messier against the Penguins on 11/25/92.

Prior to the game, I was at a local rink discussing the Rangers with my sister. Typical depressed Rangers fans - this team is worse than expected, kids arent producing, Georgiev sucks (her sons favorite), Buch getting traded (her fav), Zibanejad blowing (her husbands fav), fire Quinn, blah blah blah - youve been there. I ended the convo with "Well, we said the same thing half way through last season and they went on that crazy run before COVID hit..."

I mean, criticisms are fair, but I'm not that doom and gloom about this team. In fact I've probably never been more excited about the future of this team than I am right now. We'll see how things go, if Mika is truly 'back' and has the confidence, he certainly looked like it. It wouldn't be the New York Rangers unless they did get off to a slow start. It seems that like that's almost a birthright every season. lol

It was back in the day when home games were pretty consistently on Wed. and Sun. nights. (And no home games were ever on TV, as cable was still a rare and exotic animal. ) My father split season tix with a guy he worked with. He got Wed, we got Sun. But I had 3 older brothers, so they got all the highly desirable games like Boston and Montreal. Back then, I got stuck with duds like the Seals. But for once, they were envious of me as that game turned out to be a historic crushing.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Prior to the game, I was at a local rink discussing the Rangers with my sister. Typical depressed Rangers fans - this team is worse than expected, kids arent producing, Georgiev sucks (her sons favorite), Buch getting traded (her fav), Zibanejad blowing (her husbands fav), fire Quinn, blah blah blah - youve been there. I ended the convo with "Well, we said the same thing half way through last season and they went on that crazy run before COVID hit..."

I agree it could happen, but not without more dependable goaltending.

I mean, criticisms are fair, but I'm not that doom and gloom about this team. In fact I've probably never been more excited about the future of this team than I am right now. We'll see how things go, if Mika is truly 'back' and has the confidence, he certainly looked like it. It wouldn't be the New York Rangers unless they did get off to a slow start. It seems that like that's almost a birthright every season. lol

^All of this. :clap:

Totally agree,we are just too anxious