• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS] (#28) Rangers v. Philadelphia Flyers // Luck of the Irish

• Replies 502
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's more than one way to identify a player. I've no problem with it.

I have minimal issues with the concept. I have all the issues with the execution for sure. I guess a 9-0 game is okay to test stuff. But this execution screams “marketing idea without practical application” all over it

Sent from my iPad using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Good idea for the filthy casuals, maybe. More people watching hockey is good for the league, I guess.

Sent from my Z981 using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Even then, I don't see how it serves any purpose, as I doubt filthy casuals and new fans are interested in seeing the names and numbers of the players on the ice. They're going to be more drawn to the game and action on the ice.

they're doing the equivalent of spotlighting an offensive lineman though, at the expense of the entire screen

Right, it's really poorly done. But the idea of identifying players by shift, or however often, isn't bad. It's a smart way to make it easier for new fans to learn who is on the ice and where.

Right, it's really poorly done. But the idea of identifying players by shift, or however often, isn't bad. It's a smart way to make it easier for new fans to learn who is on the ice and where.

I agree with you, and there's plenty of ways for them to improve it without making it obnoxiously intrusive like it was tonight.

I agree with you, and there's plenty of ways for them to improve it without making it obnoxiously intrusive like it was tonight.

For sure. If it were me, I'd limit it to maybe three seconds in duratioon and either with an opaque retainer, or without a box at all — just text. You want as much of the play and ice coming through as possible so it isn't so obstructive.