• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS] (#24) Rangers @ Pittsburgh Penguins // Lessons in Holding a Lead

That's not fair. They've met expectations more than the top half.

I think there's a lot of truth here too which is disturbing and troubling. There's a a number of guilty parties that haven't delivered, blame it on them, Quinn, the whether, in the end to me it doesn't matter, they've come up small. But the bottom half aren't good enough, some good stories, some glue too but not enough to move the needle.

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I hear you. And I agree with Josh about meeting expectations when compared to the rest of the team, but yeah in general the bottom-6 lack toughness, grit to keep the puck in the offensive zone and generally don't really create energy. Certainly an area needing potential improvement in the off-season.

I'm not denying some of those guys have been better than expected. I just don't give a shit about them. I don't enjoy watching them play. They have no future here. And on a team that stinks, I care even less about them.

If I could skip the rest of the season and go to July I would because this is frustrating to watch. They're simply not a good team.

There's no point to dumping him now. But they need to have that conversation among the braintrust as soon as possible.

Don’t necessarily disagree. The worry is what if Gallant et al are no longer available. You end up with Quinn 2.0 out of college and it’s zero NHL experience but a lovely resume coaching kids in a loaded college program (Quinn, Montgomery, Hakstol etc.).

For me it boils down to lack of effort (being outbattled, outworked etc), at times, and lack of tactics at others, both a big indictment on the coach. I just don’t see a positive outcome so why wait.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk