• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

DeAngelo Clears Waivers Following Fight with Georgiev; Won't Play for Rangers Again

Blue Heaven

Hows that? Polite absolves people for acting out of anger? So what's your take on school shootings? Kids bullied and picked on, snap and kill everyone.. Its everyone who should be punished?

Yes a reach of an example, but you are advocating the violence in this situation and are ok with the guy who got hit being labeled as the problem and being shunned off a team where most of the roster LIKES the guy.

I don't know how this correlates to school shootings one bit. We're not even going to go there.

It's worth mentioning because you have a notably problematic player, DeAngelo, inciting a notably unproblematic player, Georgiev. Georgiev shouldn't have punched DeAngelo. I never once said that he should've. My point is don't you think it's weird that a player described as "most polite and thoughtful" suddenly acts out against a player that is anything but? You don't question what line Tony was crossing or had been crossing? With his history?

• Replies 690
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The entire team is monkey balls statistically, sans a few and a stud rookie, and the last time our goalie made a key save was before covid existed. I’m not sure why ADAs stats should be singled out when plenty of other guys such as our darling Dj with long hair and his sidekick frank zappa get passes.

I know I know, because they are friendlier about it.

Because ADA's stats are superhumanly fucking awful. He's doing almost nothing but giving up high danger chances. If you replace ADA with literally any JAG defender, we're a 4-2-1 team. That's not even hyperbole, because the most average NHL defender doesn't give up such high danger opportunities that they're letting in one of every four shots. It's doubly impressive because he's doing it with very positive possession numbers. It should be impossible, but ADA makes the impossible feel real.

Regardless, "Oh, but everyone is bad" doesn't excuse being so bad you're three totem heads underground.

The entire team is monkey balls statistically, sans a few and a stud rookie, and the last time our goalie made a key save was before covid existed. I’m not sure why ADAs stats should be singled out when plenty of other guys such as our darling Dj with long hair and his sidekick frank zappa get passes.

I know I know, because they are friendlier about it.

I don't know why anyone is talking about stats or Zib.

It's about ADA being an asshole.

Not to state the obvious, but if there's one thing this year should have made clear already it's that hockey games aren't won on last years statsheet. This year, DeAngelo has been a disaster in every zone. There's not really much sugarcoating it - he's been absolutely terrible. His ice time is almost unchanged, he's getting crazy zone starts (70% offensive zone starts is borderline insane), and yet he's sitting here with almost impossibly bad offensive and defensive numbers.

When he's on the ice, the opponents have been scoring with roughly 23% of shots taken. To understand how god-awful that is: Jack Johnson, defensive pariah's shooting percent against is 12.1. Last year, ADA was up around 8%, which is around where you'd hope he is. For the record, Fox is at 3%, which is fucking incredible, and testament to how god damn good he is.

Put another way, he's been almost twice as bad at defense as Jack Johnson. When he's not doing it at the other end of the ice, it's a huge problem.

Just wondering. With all those offensive zone starts, how many face-off have the Rangers won? Start there all you want. When you're instantly going back the other way, the offensive zone start becomes a non factor. I'm willing to bet the Rangers centers have been dogshit on face-offs all over the ice . I thought DeAngelo was playing with a little more hop in his skating and was starting to rev up. Guess that's not going to pan out lol.

Just wondering. With all those offensive zone starts, how many face-off have the Rangers won? Start there all you want. When you're instantly going back the other way, the offensive zone start becomes a non factor. I'm willing to bet the Rangers centers have been dogshit on face-offs all over the ice . I thought DeAngelo was playing with a little more hop in his skating and was starting to rev up. Guess that's not going to pan out lol.

Faceoffs are somewhat overrated - it's possession you're after - and somehow, as stated earlier, he's not only got strong possession numbers (probably mostly power-play time), but he's still getting pushed through like a turnstile at Grand Central around 510PM.

Regardless, again - he's literally the only Ranger with numbers this god awful, and again, blaming his shortcomings on other players is a bullshit management/argument tactic.

Fox is also fantastic at keeping the puck in the zone on the PP. It helps that they're not constantly giving chase.

Agree here. DeAngelo and Trouba have been bumbling disasters when they have to keep the puck in, or even when the puck is passed to them. Panarin and Zibanejad too. Kind of a team wide issue.

The more you piece the puzzle together, the more you're led to believe that there was a serious distraction in the locker room and ADA was at the center of it.

I suppose the next few games will be quite telling with regard to whether or not that speculation turns out accurate.

It's really just people not wanting to believe what's right in front of them. Players on teams do fight. Happens all the time, happened on the Blues the year they won. Not everyone gets waived. Why ADA? Can it be a combination of but not limited to his track record of poor behavior? What makes him so special that the team called him that night and told him to fuck off?

Gotta be his politics, right? Nah, it couldn't be that he's a cunt and they just got tired of dealing with him.

It's like one side won't just say he's a cunt, full stop. It's always he's a cunt but they signed him so it's their fault. He's a cunt but they drafted him. He's a cunt but Geo hit him first.

Yea, all that may be true, but the common denominator is that he's a cunt.

• Like 1

It's really just people not wanting to believe what's right in front of them. Players on teams do fight. Happens all the time, happened on the Blues the year they won. Not everyone gets waived. Why ADA? Can it be a combination of but not limited to his track record of poor behavior? What makes him so special that the team called him that night and told him to fuck off?

Gotta be his politics, right? Nah, it couldn't be that he's a cunt and they just got tired of dealing with him.

It's like one side won't just say he's a cunt, full stop. It's always he's a cunt but they signed him so it's their fault. He's a cunt but they drafted him. He's a cunt but Geo hit him first.

Say cunt one more time.

There's also a bit of hockey culture in here - you don't bad mouth teammates, you don't air the dirty laundry publicly, etc, etc.

It's one of those things that you probably never get the full truth of until years later, but this sort of action is almost never taken without something truly extraordinary happening. That he's got a history of being a 5'11" hemorrhoid just makes it worse.

Funny thing is they won 5-0 the game ADA was victimized by a poorly timed scratch.

And the game after that?

Maybe the 5-0 win was an anomaly? Faced a rookie goalie. Got there asses handed yo them the next game...Isles have lost 5 in a row of their last 7, so maybe they too aren't all that great...

While there's clearly some kind of problem that's taken foot with the way this team plays, none of it has anything to do with DeAngelo getting himself offed from the team with his shit behavior. It might be in part because ADA has been an absolutely atrocious hockey player thus far.

Again, blaming Quinn for DeAngelo behaving like DeAngelo - doubly so when Quinn seemed to have him on the straight and narrow for almost two full seasons with the Rangers - is just trying to find any other reason to excuse DeAngelo from having to be accountable. If he had any modicum of self-control, Quinn would have been credited with saving ADA's career.

Accountable FOR WHAT? Not agreeing with a horseshit reactionary benching? Because besides that, what are we making this guy accountable for, besides being on the ice for goals against? Teammates takes jabs at each other. They yell at each other for poor play. DeAngelo shouldn't be held to some special standard with that. He made a comment and the player who ALSO has played like shit (save for one game), punched him..

Quinn is currently being credited with destroying the teams top 3 prospects in Shestyorkin, Kakko, and Lafrenier, add Gauthier and Hajek to the list. Hey, maybe he was fucking up DeAngelo too

At the moment i'm not willing to give this no structure, no consistency, no identity coach, credit for very much.

Accountable FOR WHAT? Not agreeing with a horseshit reactionary benching? Because besides that, what are we making this guy accountable for, besides being on the ice for goals against? Teammates takes jabs at each other. They yell at each other for poor play. DeAngelo shouldn't be held to some special standard with that. He made a comment and the player who ALSO has played like shit (save for one game), punched him..

Quinn is currently being credited with destroying the teams top 3 prospects in Shestyorkin, Kakko, and Lafrenier, add Gauthier and Hajek to the list. Hey, maybe he was fucking up DeAngelo too

At the moment i'm not willing to give this no structure, no consistency, no identity coach, credit for very much.

Hahahaha, what?

I don't know how this correlates to school shootings one bit. We're not even going to go there.

It's worth mentioning because you have a notably problematic player, DeAngelo, inciting a notably unproblematic player, Georgiev. Georgiev shouldn't have punched DeAngelo. I never once said that he should've. My point is don't you think it's weird that a player described as "most polite and thoughtful" suddenly acts out against a player that is anything but? You don't question what line Tony was crossing or had been crossing? With his history?

No.

As a few have already mentioned. End of the game. Frustrated after the loss that could be pinned on him, and a comment made him blow up. It happens. There isn't always some underlying long history. Guy was not in the mood and snapped. Is that not possible?

Inciting. Lmao . Must be in the handbook.

• Like 1

No.

As a few have already mentioned. End of the game. Frustrated after the loss that could be pinned on him, and a comment made him blow up. It happens. There isn't always some underlying long history. Guy was not in the mood and snapped. Is that not possible?

Inciting. Lmao . Must be in the handbook.

Where does the part where the organization chose to cut one player and not the other? How does that fit into the picture you're trying to paint?

Because Quinn!

Quinn can't waive players.

You think JD had no input here?

Faceoffs are somewhat overrated - it's possession you're after - and somehow, as stated earlier, he's not only got strong possession numbers (probably mostly power-play time), but he's still getting pushed through like a turnstile at Grand Central around 510PM.

Regardless, again - he's literally the only Ranger with numbers this god awful, and again, blaming his shortcomings on other players is a bullshit management/argument tactic.

?? Face off wins gives you possession. If actually controlling the puck isn't part of the stat labeled possession, then it's a very useless stat. Just starting the play on the PP, shouldn't dictate that you are in possession of the puck. Physically carrying the puck, driving the play. Puck possession. No?

Your argument basically boils down to "I hate Quinn and therefore everything anyone does on the team is his fault", so we're obviously at an impasse if you just don't think players deserve to be held accountable for their decisions that actively hurt their teams.

Meanwhile, Quinn had ADA at nearly .8 points per game last year. Ruined, truly. Has nothing to do with Tony's now 10 year history of being an unrelenting shithead in his hockey career.