• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Interested in Eichel?

Pete

It's not, but it might be their only recourse to actually getting this done. This has gone on so long that the dollars available on other clubs to even take the player are drying up. So, unless the Sabres intend to take a bad deal back, retention is probably a requirement to even grease the wheels of a trade, and not just here. Almost anywhere.

I think it's painful to see this play out as long and as gruesome as it has, and you're kind of in a rock and a hard place.

Eichel is doing what's he believes is best for his career and future. 

Buffalo is doing what they believe is best for their team and future.

I don't see a change in this barring either a team getting wildly desperate, Eichel capitulating, or the PA/League stepping in. 

1 hour ago, Phil said:

And they also played a clip of him scoring on the Rangers while they talked about the team who had a deal in place.

Def seems more and more like VK was part of that deal. (and no, I don't want to talk about it)

16 minutes ago, Pete said:

And they also played a clip of him scoring on the Rangers while they talked about the team who had a deal in place.

Def seems more and more like VK was part of that deal. (and no, I don't want to talk about it)

Yup. Makes total sense.

I wondered when Zib signed whether the Rangers told him that they were about to trade for Eichel if he did not sign on whatever terms were then offered.  I don't know.  Zib seemed more happy than I would expect if he had signed with a gun to his head.

5 hours ago, Sod16 said:

I wondered when Zib signed whether the Rangers told him that they were about to trade for Eichel if he did not sign on whatever terms were then offered.  I don't know.  Zib seemed more happy than I would expect if he had signed with a gun to his head.

He was probably happy that he didn’t have to worry about the contract, if he’d be in NY next season. 

I thought all the centers looked good last night. Strome and Chytil with strong games. 

2 hours ago, josh said:

He was probably happy that he didn’t have to worry about the contract, if he’d be in NY next season. 

I thought all the centers looked good last night. Strome and Chytil with strong games. 

Once they started getting through the neutral zone and getting the puck in behind the defense, they were fabulous.  That 2nd period was awesome...what pressure!!  Relentless cycling too!  I can get used to that!!

We're getting there!

4 hours ago, josh said:

imagine if Chytil had anyone with any kind of offensive skill on his line?