• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2020 Offseason Thread: Get to Fixin'

Phil

• Replies 585
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you want to replace Fast, sign Craig Smith, not A Double.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

I want Smith big time, but not as a direct replacement to Fast since he isn't a PKer.

When you hear JD and Gorton talk about being tougher to play against, Smith fits that mold. Fast fits that mold. You know who doesn't? Buchnevich. Ship out Buchnevich, sign Smith, re-sign Fast.

I want Smith big time, but not as a direct replacement to Fast since he isn't a PKer.

When you hear JD and Gorton talk about being tougher to play against, Smith fits that mold. Fast fits that mold. You know who doesn't? Buchnevich. Ship out Buchnevich, sign Smith, re-sign Fast.

Buch was the toughest in the playoffs.

He also slots in on Panarin's line (assuming they keep Strome) to fill the puck retriever role they need.

If he wants to play in Hartford.

Isnt that the point? Low risk, high reward. Invite him to camp, if he wows you great. If not, he’s depth down there. He’s never played an NhL game so I’m not saying to sign him and make him a piece to build around.

Any interest in signing Radko Gudas tomorrow? Guys a piece of shit but I'd love a good piece of shit on our defense.

Probably not. He's another righty and the team is already loaded there. Even if you move DeAngelo or Fox to the left, the idea is you'd do that to fit one of their current prospects (Lundkvist, etc). I guess if all those guys are another year out, a one-year deal is OK by me. He's got great defensive stats. Good PKer.

Probably not. He's another righty and the team is already loaded there. Even if you move DeAngelo or Fox to the left, the idea is you'd do that to fit one of their current prospects (Lundkvist, etc). I guess if all those guys are another year out, a one-year deal is OK by me. He's got great defensive stats. Good PKer.

Antics and dirty hits aside, he's actually a good player.

Antics and dirty hits aside, he's actually a good player.

Yup. It's just that they're so jammed up on the right side, they'd have a tough time getting him into the lineup unless at least one guy goes left or is traded.