• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Oilers Have Checked in on Mats Zuccarello

Phil

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Zucc and Kreider for....

Lucic

2019 1st

2020 2nd

Yamamoto

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Pass. I wouldn't take Lucic on for anything other than a fortune. That is not a fortune. A 1st and Yamamoto is maybe about what Kreider is worth in a trade. A 2nd for Zucc. So we take Lucic for what?

I don’t think we could get their 1st for Kreider

As if Chiarelli is conservative with assets? Lucic’s contract is also horrific. That in itself warrants assets from Edmonton for taking it on. Look at some of the deals around the league throwing away bad contracts. Most get B prospects at least.

I can't tell if I'm suffering from Rangers bias even though I am not even "gaga" over Kreider like many Rangers fans are, or if you are incredibly underrating his value.

The value of that 1st rounder is entirely predicated on whether or not Chiarelli thinks the Oilers are a wildcard team or not.

If he does, that 1st is way less valuable to him than it is to us.

If he doesn't, well....

Also - I think Lottery Protection is going to be a much less popular option given the whole Colorado/Ottawa situation. I'd honestly rather poison pill the pick (i.e. if top 5 --> Oilers get a compensatory 2nd or 3rd from us)

The value of that 1st rounder is entirely predicated on whether or not Chiarelli thinks the Oilers are a wildcard team or not.

If he does, that 1st is way less valuable to him than it is to us.

If he doesn't, well....

Also - I think Lottery Protection is going to be a much less popular option given the whole Colorado/Ottawa situation. I'd honestly rather poison pill the pick (i.e. if top 5 --> Oilers get a compensatory 2nd or 3rd from us)

Sure. If the Oilers unexpectedly nosedive into the top 5 of the 1st round yeah. Most likely they are a playoff team if they trade for guys like Kreider, which means it is probably more likely to be 18-22. Even if they miss the playoffs it will probably be middle of the pack. 13-16. Not digging that for Kreider.

Before this season he's missed like 10 games in his NHL career (10 more if you count the playoff games after the head injury) so I dont think thats a legit consern. More likely he will play up his value again than him getting hurt.
He has a knack for getting hit with pucks. Any freak injury can happen.

That can happen to anyone. Should still wait for the deadline with the trades if that's when we can get the most and best assets back. No need to rush a Zuc trade just because he could get a freak injury.
Yeah it can happen anyone but Zucc is the one on the block.

A couple more weeks now and he will easily fetch a 1st :cheers:

Would honestly consider keeping him and signing him (if he wants to sign short term cheap, 3x3.5m or something) as a veteran leader if the only offers we get is 2nd rounders and B-/C level prospects.

I'd prefer trading him for assets at the deadline, then explore signing him as a UFA after July 1st. He's the type of player a rebuilding team needs, but they can still get some assets for him now.

Although I'm guessing on a three year deal, he's getting around $5M per. Even with his slow start, he's pacing 52 points over 82 games this season. That's right in range with his last 5 seasons.

I'd prefer trading him for assets at the deadline, then explore signing him as a UFA after July 1st. He's the type of player a rebuilding team needs, but they can still get some assets for him now.

Although I'm guessing on a three year deal, he's getting around $5M per. Even with his slow start, he's pacing 52 points over 82 games this season. That's right in range with his last 5 seasons.

That's pretty crazy, considering how bad he's been lol

Yeah I guess. Just thought considering his age he will regress, so he won?t get as much as now + a big ?hometown? discount because he?s almost crying and begging to stay, and we would ?sacrifice? some assets we would get in a trade.

Before this season he's missed like 10 games in his NHL career (10 more if you count the playoff games after the head injury) so I dont think thats a legit consern. More likely he will play up his value again than him getting hurt.

Wasn't he just out like a month? Who ever calls. Sell. Quick. It's not about any kind of injury history. It's just Ranger luck.

Archived