• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS] (#10) Rangers at Chicago Blackhawks // The Night Chicago Died

High and Wide

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply
When even Michelletti is complaining about the constant making of extra passes and not going to the net, all bets are off. This was a tough assignment but NYR's continued stupidity in the offensive zone did them no favors -again. I mean, you are f__ing hockey players, doesn't anyone want to score a goddamn goal?

When even Michelletti is complaining about the constant making of extra passes and not going to the net, all bets are off. This was a tough assignment but NYR's continued stupidity in the offensive zone did them no favors -again. I mean, you are f__ing hockey players, doesn't anyone want to score a goddamn goal?

100% agree pass pass pass no one in front of the net. Then when the puck is behind the net or in the corners there are 3 rangers.

Not sure if this is the new system or same players stuck in the old system refusing to change

Team lacks guys that want to score. When watching other teams, you see guys that will do whatever to get the puck on net. We have guys trying to make cute passes. Something I like about Lias and Kravtsov, the desire to get in there and make it happen.

Felt OK about the first 2 periods, but thoroughly outclassed in the third - combination of defensive lockdown by Chicago, and ineffective offense from the Rangers.

Lundqvist kept them in this game, just didn't generate enough scoring chances.

Sorry I advised you to go to the game. That was by far the most boring game of the year. There was no O, as in zer0. They could not figure out the Hawks D.

Some of the D were actually fine on D, but they are not helping at all. For instance, Shatty did not look like a terrible defender, but he was anemic on O. Did he make a pass? Staal was fine in his own end, but.... Skjei was falling all over himself, someone look at his blades. That interference penalty was him falling into the player trying to change his direction. He lost his balance/edge at least 3 times, wtf is up with that?

Skeij is another bad contract

Overreaction.

All Ranger forums are going to be filled with critical unhappy fans who want to identify the problems with a losing team. Find the mgmt mistakes and vent. We are going to be venting and pointing at players every week because the whole team is not good enough. Each guy will have less opportunities to produce, our overall corsi will suck. Those on the ice the most, against the best comp, will have more chances to be on the bad side of a play. In the long run its a team game. Did anyone think Kreids did anything tonight? Z? Chytil or Fast? Top 6 minutes and looked bad. Almost everyone did.

The nature of the Internet causes us to draw long term conclusions from small segments and vocalize it. Skjei had a bad game, mostly skating, so we kill him and his contract because he also had a bad game in the first week and was undressed a couple of times by stars. He becomes this year's scapegoat because we did not sign anyone else. If Staal played the way he did the first week, tonight, he'd be the problem.

So why is it an overreaction? Staal vs Skjei illustrates the point some. Two similar sized LHD's with longterm contracts. What's the difference between the two?

The answer is: What this team needs. How we are building. Specifically, speed, youth and offensive skill.

Once a few more older vets are gone we may have unused cap space for a couple of years. It's a waste to worry about the Skjei contract in Oct 2018. Especially when so many contracts expire in the next 1/2/3 years and all the folks we are going to trade. We freakin bridged everyone else anyway.

RFA contracts rarely hurt, especially on teams projecting few vets. OTOH Staal's FA contract really hurt, as did G's. Those did damage costing us 2 of Rakell, Palmeiri and Vatanen and a 1st plus Stralman and Hags. Even now Shatty's looks grizzly given he's nearing 30. Skjei you could trade tomorrow, next year, the following... it does not matter in the scheme of things. All the Skjei contract lamenting is going to get tiring. It's really the least of our worries. Our real concern is how are we going to find a top RHD and an entire 1st line? Or how the kids are playing, adjusting, developing and projecting.

Guys we are only 4 players away from a Cup.

#1RW, #1LW and probably a #1C. Then a #1RHD

Add Hajek and Shesty. Then we are good to go.

That's crazy unless those four are Gretzky, Orr, Crosby and pick another all time great.

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

That's crazy unless those four are Gretzky, Orr, Crosby and pick another all time great.

How is that crazy. We may have 3 awesome 2C's and two good 3Cs. One moves to wing with Buch, Kravtsov, Kreids, Vesey and Fast. On D we'll have Skjei, Hajek, Pionk, ADA, Claesson with Miller, Rykov, Lindgren, Lundkvist and Keane and others in the pipe. We are set in goal.

Just give us a C better than Zib (Hughes) a LW better than Kreids (Panarin) and a RW like Stone and an RHD like Seth Jones. CUP!

I think I've finally discovered the best way to make it through this season, guys...

Get a seat at the local pub, and wait for some pretty hot Yoga instructor to pull up a seat next to you...

After getting a double Kettle one and club soda, get her one as well...(what a body on this chick!)

Almost fall out of the chair laughing as Skjei takes out the back line to give up a goal (my god, that was hilarious!!)

Then proceed to giggle at the ineptitude of the entire team as they post a staggering 1 shot in the 3rd period

Didn't care!! It works...all I could think of was getting this babe to hang out again!

Mission Accomplished!

The sure cure for any rebuild: Pick up chicks and laugh a lot at your team! Now I got it! :lol:

Seriously though...That was a tough game to watch! Philly, I hope you had a good time, my man...hopefully drowned your sorrows with a few stiff ones up there!!!

Just finished watching this game on rewind. Kept shaking my head in the third period as to why we reverted back to ?pass-first? methodology. SHOOT! Like other have said - either it?s a leftover of AV era or we don?t have players who want to score. Too, too many lost opportunities to light the lamp. 1 shot on goal is unacceptable.

Made friends with the chick giving me drinks. Mad stiff jack and cokes. lol. I’m still in bed.

You and Ozzy won last night with the Rangers. Somehow. I lost. Been enjoying the games this year, but last night was like watching your paint dry and realizing it came out shitty. That was horrid hockey even with some of the defensemen playing passable defense. Shoulda watched a movie or caught up with the Duece.

Aspirin and lots of water phillyb. An apple or banana won't hurt.

Archived