• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS] (#10) Rangers at Chicago Blackhawks // The Night Chicago Died

High and Wide

I will say though, IMO, some people may have too high an opinion of ADA. Kind of wishful thinking if you will. If the kid wasn't a 1st round pick this wouldn't be as much of a conversation/debate, again IMO.

He's been traded twice at age 23, not played 82 NHL games, and never finished a pro season with a positive +/-. Not sure he changes our outlook much either way when we are ready to compete again. I hope I'm wrong, would love to see him pan out and become a solid point producing 3-4 D man, just don't see it based on the evidence to date.

All true about ADA, but D-men do take a little longer to develop and I'm sure his attitude wasn't the greatest. I'm not sure what we get out of playing McQuaid other than trade value.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply
All true about ADA, but D-men do take a little longer to develop and I'm sure his attitude wasn't the greatest. I'm not sure what we get out of playing McQuaid other than trade value.

Yeah it's trade value IMO, but I'm not sure you really get any of that. You know what you are getting when you trade for McQuaid at this stage of his career, playing or not. So long as he's healthy.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Claesson looks like he should be building wooden furniture.

Pionks game may have a much higher ceiling if he some day plays with a real capable partner. I agree about ADA. Quinn apparently saw something at practice that kept ADA out of the lineup. But like Gravesy said, him sitting does nobody any good. McIlrath is a good example of how sitting can flatline development.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

the only example McIllrath is of, is being a high draft pick bust. (was that proper English? lol)

I'm actually inclined to agree with you, he has played 'well' on the whole so far, was just offering a rather simplistic solution.

I will say though, IMO, some people may have too high an opinion of ADA. Kind of wishful thinking if you will. If the kid wasn't a 1st round pick this wouldn't be as much of a conversation/debate, again IMO.

He's been traded twice at age 23, not played 82 NHL games, and never finished a pro season with a positive +/-. Not sure he changes our outlook much either way when we are ready to compete again. I hope I'm wrong, would love to see him pan out and become a solid point producing 3-4 D man, just don't see it based on the evidence to date.

But yes I would rather be watching him over McQuaid this evening, generally speaking.

He was a 1st round pick because his production in juniors was more or less elite. So it's not outlandish to suggest there's definite offensive upside there, waiting to be tapped into. Although it's getting late in the day. You're probably right there's an element of wishful thinking there, but imo there's also actual proof in his play. Albeit very inconsistent proof.

There's no doubt there are issues with attitude, but the Rangers knew that when they traded for him. So what they're doing now is a pointless halfway house solution. They're not playing him for whatever reason, so he's not developing. Even though performances from others are hardly stellar. He's not with the Pack because it's highly unlikely he clears waivers.

It just seems like a total waste of time and assets, but to be fair I have no idea what's happening behind closed doors so there may be a god reasoning behind it.

I'm actually inclined to agree with you, he has played 'well' on the whole so far, was just offering a rather simplistic solution.

But yes I would rather be watching him over McQuaid this evening, generally speaking.

I'm kinda underwhelmed with McQuaid. But I guess you need to keep him in there over ADA, considering Shattenkirk and Pionk are your other 2 RHD. I'm not a huge fan of DeAngelo, but he definitely needs to play. Gotta sit McQuaid or Shattenkirk. Screw it sit Staal or Skjei too and get Claesson in there too.

Archived