• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Opening Roster Set; Lias Andersson Sent to Hartford

Gorilla Salad

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don’t know seems to me that the rangers have the perfect opponent for Quinn to immediately turn the page from av. In comes the preds, the team whom the rangers refused to stand up for themselves against and quite possibly the game that summed up the rangers under av. If I’m Quinn I’m playing the tape and drilling into his team asking what kind of team are they going to be. I dress McLeod giving them a little added bravery and get them riled up. Righting the wrongs of the past and getting into s nasty game isn’t a terrible way to get the team gelling. This team isn’t going to win by talent. If being relentless and skating through not around opponents is his message. What an opportunity game 1 presents and McLeod fits right in with that mindset

I don’t know seems to me that the rangers have the perfect opponent for Quinn to immediately turn the page from av. In comes the preds, the team whom the rangers refused to stand up for themselves against and quite possibly the game that summed up the rangers under av. If I’m Quinn I’m playing the tape and drilling into his team asking what kind of team are they going to be. I dress McLeod giving them a little added bravery and get them riled up. Righting the wrongs of the past and getting into s nasty game isn’t a terrible way to get the team gelling. This team isn’t going to win by talent. If being relentless and skating through not around opponents is his message. What an opportunity game 1 presents and McLeod fits right in with that mindset

Buchnevich had the second most fights behind McLeod. McLeod can’t win shit.

Getting roughed up is the worst way to start a season.

They need to play hard, every shift. McLeod going head first into the boards isn’t going to inject energy into the guys.

We’ve all played on a team where “this” guy is kept around. It’s always a joke in the lockerroom and an embarrassment to the team.

Buchnevich had the second most fights behind McLeod. McLeod can?t win shit.

They need to play hard, every shift. McLeod going head first into the boards isn?t going to inject energy into the guys.

We?ve all played on a team where ?this? guy is kept around. It?s always a joke in the lockerroom and an embarrassment to the team.

Agreed, but who do we put instead? Lias on for 7 mins a game? Fogarty?

Sent from my Z981 using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Buchnevich had the second most fights behind McLeod. McLeod can’t win shit.

They need to play hard, every shift. McLeod going head first into the boards isn’t going to inject energy into the guys.

We’ve all played on a team where “this” guy is kept around. It’s always a joke in the lockerroom and an embarrassment to the team.

Just trying to explain the reasoning. Team toughness was directly talked about this off season by rangers brass even before hiring Quinn. They resigned McLeod this off season. Not sure if the decision on McLeod is Quinn s to make. It should be but who knows. Maybe micheletti can tell us why in fuck they kept him?

the chances are that McCloud is going to get a few games before they waive him just to show what he has, and maybe get picked up by another team. There's nothing wrong with having a guy like that on for the first five to eight games.

Probably the situation. Puts Anderson on notice he needs to pick it up to get to MSG, and really McLeod isn't complaining. Unless the guy is completely clueless he has to know his time as an NHL regular is short.

Simply wish Anderson lit it up, but he hasn't, yet.

the chances are that McCloud is going to get a few games before they waive him just to show what he has, and maybe get picked up by another team. There's nothing wrong with having a guy like that on for the first five to eight games.

The whole equation changed when they got McQuaid, who is a more credible enforcement threat by a few orders of magnitude. And he can actually play a little hockey. So agree that these few games are likely McCleod's Rangers season.

It seems with McLeod that he's 13 and just a placeholder for zuc and may circulate a little on the 4th at most

fellas, it is as simple as JJ's take. McLeod is the 13th. He's likely only playing if someone is hurt, sick or coach thinks someone should sit, etc. Who else did you want as a 13th? It wasn't going to be a kid. Belesky got hurt. Holland is not good enough or physical enough to make up for it. Meskanen is not ready for NHL.

Fatty, McQuaid is playing against Nashville. Probably paired with Skjei. Smith will also be playing. Unlike McLeod, they'll actually be on the ice for two-thirds of the game and should do a fine job protecting/supporting the kids and adding physicality to the lineup.

Edit - Rodrigue, ya beat me to it.

I like a guy that can play as the 13th.

I prefer guys having nights off, once in awhile, too, similar to baseball. I’d like to see the extra getting anywhere from 40-60 games a season.

I agree with you. 12 guys aren't going to be injury, sick or slump free. However, the roster and situation does not really call for it. We are not deep enough and we have nobody compelling as a 13th. The youngsters in the lineup should play every night and usually don't need a night off. Additionally, I think the Rangers want a forward who can 'deal', McLeod became the only one, once Belesky went down.

On the flipside, we have the opposite issue on D. There is the possibility of a big rotation, with 4 lefties and 4 righties. Staal should get a chance to stay fresh all year. I doubt the coach plans to sit DeAngelo much. He's more a victim of current circumstances. The Rangers just acquired McQuaid and want his D-zone reliability, leadership, toughness and size in the lineup. Shatty is the #1 PP RHQB, his best feature, so he is in. And I think the team really likes the Staal/Pionk pairing, to start the year. Pionk needs to play consistently too.

Obviously, McQuaid is a trade candidate down the road. Others could/should also be traded. So this is not going to be an all year issue. Injuries and other reasons could also impact the depth chart or change the rotation well before the deadline.

Quinn is probably telling ADA this and asking him to be patient. My ideal scenario is Shatty lights it up and really increases his trade value. Even better is him getting packaged with other good players (say Hayes or whoever) to acquire a core piece or top prospect.

Probably the situation. Puts Anderson on notice he needs to pick it up to get to MSG, and really McLeod isn't complaining. Unless the guy is completely clueless he has to know his time as an NHL regular is short.

Simply wish Anderson lit it up, but he hasn't, yet.

Andersson needs to step up his game because he might be the next generation of this team. Also, management thinks our goaltending is complete with a Hank who has struggled mightily in the preseason and Georgiev who has proven to be a quality goaltender but is still not played up to the potential this organization wants him

Andersson needs to step up his game because he might be the next generation of this team. Also, management thinks our goaltending is complete with a Hank who has struggled mightily in the preseason and Georgiev who has proven to be a quality goaltender but is still not played up to the potential this organization wants him

Lundqvist has a no move clause and a contract for three more years. I don't know what else you want to do at goaltender.

Lundqvist has a no-move clause and a contract for three more years. I don't know what else you want to do at goaltender.

What I was referring to is what we need to do at goaltender after Lundqvist's contract expires and management will need to something involved in giving him an extension if we have the cap space and Hank will have to prove he deserves that extension

There are plenty of guys looking for jobs around the league that the rangers could have signed instead of McLeod. I’m not pointing that out as an endorsement for McLeod, more so because I wouldn’t be so sure the rangers aren’t planning on using him. The rangers brass went out of their way to speak about becoming tougher. That doesn’t make them right that playing McLeod does anything for team toughness but it does explain his signing and making the team. Sather has always been in the old boys club of “needing” an enforcer. The rangers needed toughness and to me anyway they answered that question with zero creativity or thought. They signed McLeod who has already proven unfit for the job.

Regardless this was more about Quinn keeping him. I don’t think this decision was ever on Quinn as if he had a choice.

What I was referring to is what we need to do at goaltender after Lundqvist's contract expires and management will need to something involved in giving him an extension if we have the cap space and Hank will have to prove he deserves that extension

lundqvist is not getting an extension, this is his last contract with the rangers. no way is he a starting caliber goalie three years from now

We've got a few years to groom a new young replacement. Lundqvist's cap hit is 2nd in the league behind Price. So we are paying him as a top five goalie and getting middle of the pack performance. Given what we saw in 2012 and 2013 management felt that they had to give him this length of contract in order to keep giving us shots at the cup. But the back end of this contract is going to be more and more painful to watch.

https://www.spotrac.com/nhl/rankings/cap-hit/goaltender/

Archived