• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Amanda Borges Also Not Returning to Rangers This Season

Scott

I’m good with anson. More than anything i want someone who gives an honest assessment of the play. Not the narrative of what the rangers are hoping to happen. For example up until the day when Brendan smith was sent to Hartford there was barely a mention of the reality of his play or his poor off season that led to it. It was always a positive spin, never once was it geez the rangers just signed this guy to a big contract for four years and year 1 he comes to camp out of shape. The guy should have been roasted by any honest analyst. But no. Micheletti gets his check from msg but his reputation comes from his work. And his work screams hack. Sam I love he just doesn’t have his fastball anymore and as time as gone by he’s become more of a fan calling the game then he had in the past. Not a huge deal but again reality matters when you describing something that your audience has the ability to see for themselves. When what they see differs from what they hear it’s a problem

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
They are complete homers like most teams announcers. Sam has completely lost it. He had a great career but his eyes maybe worse than John sterling.

Micheletti has a positive spin on every player no matter the situation or the obvious struggle. It would be nice if just once he called it as it is instead of how he’s told by msg management. When you watch every game you don’t need to hear someone tell you the opposite of what you’ve watched.

The letter was a surprise to a lot of fans but not those (like most here) who pay attention. For those who rely on Sam and joe to get the tenure of the team the letter was the first time they heard something was wrong.

I’m good with anson. More than anything i want someone who gives an honest assessment of the play. Not the narrative of what the rangers are hoping to happen. For example up until the day when Brendan smith was sent to Hartford there was barely a mention of the reality of his play or his poor off season that led to it. It was always a positive spin, never once was it geez the rangers just signed this guy to a big contract for four years and year 1 he comes to camp out of shape. The guy should have been roasted by any honest analyst. But no. Micheletti gets his check from msg but his reputation comes from his work. And his work screams hack. Sam I love he just doesn’t have his fastball anymore and as time as gone by he’s become more of a fan calling the game then he had in the past. Not a huge deal but again reality matters when you describing something that your audience has the ability to see for themselves. When what they see differs from what they hear it’s a problem

Every team announcer has a positive spin for their respective teams players. If that's your beef with him, it's a poor one.

Every team announcer has a positive spin for their respective teams players. If that's your beef with him, it's a poor one.

Oh is it? Thank you for once again enlightening me on how I should feel. The point is as the rangers clean house and people comment on who’s good or not how about just getting someone anyone who speaks truth. Otherwise what purpose do they serve if not to educate and help the fans understand the game? If it’s propaganda then hit mute and eventually their job will not exist.

Oh is it? Thank you for once again enlightening me on how I should feel. The point is as the rangers clean house and people comment on who?s good or not how about just getting someone anyone who speaks truth. Otherwise what purpose do they serve if not to educate and help the fans understand the game? If it?s propaganda then hit mute and eventually their job will not exist.

You?re welcome, glad I can help

So is your beef with that he has a positive spin on someone like Smith trying to make his way back in the NHL or that he?s not analyzing the game properly? Because they are two different things entirely.

:repped:

well said. were New Yorkers. dont need homer announcers in this town.

You’re welcome, glad I can help

So is your beef with that he has a positive spin on someone like Smith trying to make his way back in the NHL or that he’s not analyzing the game properly? Because they are two different things entirely.

It’s not a beef per say. People are responding to who should follow Duguay and othera out the door opening up the discussion to who is good or not.

My “problem” with micheletti is that he’s supposed to be the insider. He supposed to be the guy that gives me and you information that only someone that surrounds the team daily like he does that we are not privy to. Brendan smith last year is just one example. He obviously showed up grossly out of shape and there was never a mention on any ranger broadcast until he was sent to Hartford. Then he addresses it. Too late. He has to be willing to tell the fans the negatives along with the positives. When he passes over obvious truths he has no credibility to analyze or do anything. Who believes anything he says when he tells you anything positive? Is it real or is it spin. His resume says spin.

It’s not a beef per say. People are responding to who should follow Duguay and othera out the door opening up the discussion to who is good or not.

My “problem” with micheletti is that he’s supposed to be the insider. He supposed to be the guy that gives me and you information that only someone that surrounds the team daily like he does that we are not privy to. Brendan smith last year is just one example. He obviously showed up grossly out of shape and there was never a mention on any ranger broadcast until he was sent to Hartford. Then he addresses it. Too late. He has to be willing to tell the fans the negatives along with the positives. When he passes over obvious truths he has no credibility to analyze or do anything. Who believes anything he says when he tells you anything positive? Is it real or is it spin. His resume says spin.

So as someone that surrounds the team daily like Joe does, you expect him to go on air and call a player a fat, out of shape fuck and keep his relationship with the players in the locker room? All that will lead to is...

So as someone that surrounds the team daily like Joe does, you expect him to go on air and call a player a fat, out of shape fuck and keep his relationship with the players in the locker room? All that will lead to is...

[video=youtube;EVrnMmCf4LM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=

Is that what I said? Smith signed an extension a big contract last off season. Never a mention that something was wrong, only how great of a signing and how good he was and how important he will be. Not even a whisper of some concerns of possibly smith taking the summer off. You decide to take it to a whole other level to make what point? That is not at all what I said.

Maybe you should be mad at him. His rosy outlook regarding everything rangers had you believing that they were contenders last year. Them and the blue jackets. Had you saying the rangers would never give up on the season so close to a playoff spot. For those who had a clue saw that the team was not good. I wanted the rebuild only to be yelled at, like now, by you about how they were as good as anybody if they got hot. Why would I care or expect you to have any idea of what I’m talking about? How was the victory parade? Were people throwing copies of the rebuild letter?

Maloney is pretty honest in his assessments.

He's also a lush.

Exactly. Maloney is critical all the time. Jd was critical all the time. Butch goring is critical on isles telecast. I guess if you’re comparing him to the clowns in Boston then sure.

Regardless why should I not be allowed to call him out on it. The guy is awful. You find an excuse for his faults. Great doesn’t make him less awful. Is he going anywhere, no.

Maloney is pretty honest in his assessments.

He's also a lush.

Exactly. Maloney is critical all the time. Jd was critical all the time. Butch goring is critical on isles telecast. I guess if you?re comparing him to the clowns in Boston then sure.

Regardless why should I not be allowed to call him out on it. The guy is awful. You find an excuse for his faults. Great doesn?t make him less awful. Is he going anywhere, no.

Exactly. Maloney is critical all the time. Jd was critical all the time. Butch goring is critical on isles telecast. I guess if you’re comparing him to the clowns in Boston then sure.

Regardless why should I not be allowed to call him out on it. The guy is awful. You find an excuse for his faults. Great doesn’t make him less awful. Is he going anywhere, no.

Hold on. Let me re-read the thread....

Yup no one said your not allowed to call him out or have an opinion. You don't like him. Great. Other people don't mind him. Cool.

Excellent discussion.

Hold on. Let me re-read the thread....

Yup no one said your not allowed to call him out or have an opinion. You don't like him. Great. Other people don't mind him. Cool.

Excellent discussion.

Ok so not allowing is the wrong wording.

I try and make a point and give you reasons why for my point. Like smith. Instead of countering my example it becomes something else. I didn’t ask for him to call him a “fat fuck”. No even close. The argument that other paid hacks do it too again doesn’t prove him being good. Trolling me as if I have done vendetta against him only furthers my feelings that there is no point other than to be just that.

More examples of micheletti. Every ranger fan can agree that Staal is a dumpster fire. Yet never once have we heard one negative review of his play by the head analyst that covers the team. Same thing regarding girardi before him. Richards in his last years etc etc. never once the season prior did we here the rangers team was on the verge of mutiny from torts. Then everyone gets shocked when he’s fired that summer. Now I’m not saying he has to make divisive comments but he can address the obvious. He can say they need so and do to be better. That their okay just simply has fallen and it’s not good enough. What makes it worse is that he goes out of his way to tell the viewer why said so and so is so great. Staal this year will be the invaluable vet who shepherds the youth. That he’s vital to the rebuild. That hank had his chance to move on but he told the team that he wanted to stay because he bleeds blue. Never once will he say that trading him is pretty much impossible and that it’s more likely that hank has no choice. I’m not saying this to disparage hank or anyone else. I’m saying it because what’s being pushed is not what an analyst is supposed to do, it’s what a publicist does.

I do t want to be in the gutter in this conversation but to this point nobody has given one example to refute what I’m saying other than other teams have a publicist too.

If the conversation is about improving the broadcast then this is my advice. Look at the Mets while the team is awful their analysts are exactly that and most of the time hard on the team. Maloney and jd are two who have done it here. It can be done, it’s has been done.

It's called, playing it straight. Some owners request/require the broadcast team to be positive about the home team. The best broadcasters avoid being heavy homers and retain their integrity.

Interestingly, Dolan does not seem to have an issue with critical analysis. There is Maloney, but also the Knicks have broadcasters who play it straight, like Frazier. So the question of why Mich can't be more impartial is legitimate.

I vote Albert and Maloney for MSG TV

It's called, playing it straight. Some owners request/require the broadcast team to be positive about the home team. The best broadcasters avoid being heavy homers and retain their integrity.

Interestingly, Dolan does not seem to have an issue with critical analysis. There is Maloney, but also the Knicks have broadcasters who play it straight, like Frazier. So the question of why Mich can't be more impartial is legitimate.

I vote Albert and Maloney for MSG TV

Think Michelletti got this job later in life, figures best way to hang onto a good gig for as long has he can is to be nice to everyone. And really it's worked; he gets NBC network games too. And he's flying on the NYR jet on road trips. Not a defense, but an explanation.

Archived