• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Announce 2018 Training Camp Roster

Phil

I hope another team pays him that. Total perimeter player off the rush, doesn't use his speed or size to get to the middle (only stands in front on PP), doesn't use his shot (wasn't that his weapon, supposedly, when he came into league? Quick release!)

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I hope another team pays him that. Total perimeter player off the rush, doesn't use his speed or size to get to the middle (only stands in front on PP), doesn't use his shot (wasn't that his weapon, supposedly, when he came into league? Quick release!)

He was always a speed-first guy. Thomas had the shot. Kreider can't snipe.

I don't see why we are going to be so terrible like everyone is saying. I mean I see that we could be, but what if Staal is as good as he was last year again? What if Smith comes back strong and McQuaid plays well. We still have Lundqvist in net. We competed and made the playoffs in years where we had a much worse version of Staal, a shitty Girardi, and other scrubs on D. Maybe these guys actually play some defense. Our lines might actually put up offense if some young guys step up and we have a new coach and system that might click. I can see how we could be bad, but I'm not so convinced we will be.

We?ll be utterly shit.

Not a single 1st line talent on the roster, dreadful d, Lundqvist no longer able to win us games we have no right to win.

The Athletic has us as the 4th worst team in their preview. I think they?re right. And that?s fine.

It?ll be hard to watch at times but another high pick is good long term.

Don't think we'll be much of anything honestly. I think when they bottom out depends on when they start to sell of anybody worth anything that's not a part of the bigger picture. Pretty obvious that Lundqvist isn't the savior he once was. My biggest fear is the high draft picks aren't true high impact players. If that happens we're going to be bottom feeders for the foreseeable future.

We’ll be utterly shit.

Not a single 1st line talent on the roster, dreadful d, Lundqvist no longer able to win us games we have no right to win.

The Athletic has us as the 4th worst team in their preview. I think they’re right. And that’s fine.

It’ll be hard to watch at times but another high pick is good long term.

We haven't had first line talent since Jagr.

We haven't had first line talent since Jagr.

We had Gaborik once in awhile, and Nash once.

I am optimistic about how players could bounce back, and young guys progress. Even if that happens, we'd still need career years from Buchnevich, Zibs, Kreider, Hayes, and another guy to nearly double goals/points totals. Too many ifs ands and buts.

We had Gaborik once in awhile, and Nash once.

I am optimistic about how players could bounce back, and young guys progress. Even if that happens, we'd still need career years from Buchnevich, Zibs, Kreider, Hayes, and another guy to nearly double goals/points totals. Too many ifs ands and buts.

True,i forgot about Gabs and maybe Nash for a season or 2 but neither was like a Jagr where they could take over.

"Chris Kreider a center from Andover"

I had no idea he actually was a center.

Not sure you could have called him a center. A scout for Winnipeg told me that year they didn?t know what he was playing because he was covering all of the ice...he was so much stronger at skating than everyone

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Ronning — I think the Rangers realized Ronning isn’t going to be able to fight for a spot on the team with the influx of wingers, and they want him to be comfortable transitioning to the AHL. Ronning’s 60+ goal showing in the WHL last year has created insane expectations for him, and we all need to accept that if he has 20 goals in the AHL this year it’s a huge success. Let him grow.

I am a little surprised that Ronning was cut while Ryan Gropp was left up, but again, if Gropp is here as fodder because they know there isn’t a battle there, then so be it. Ronning’s development is more important at this time.

Day — Again. Day was never making the team out of camp. I know the instinct is to say “I would have liked to see him in one preseason game” but this is another situation where it’s probably better for him to be in the slow cooker than putting him right on the fire. Especially since it won’t be easy for him to make the AHL squad with that logjam, so may as well have him comfortable from the get go.

https://www.blueshirtbanter.com/2018/9/18/17875900/sean-day-ty-ronning-highlight-new-york-rangers-roster-cuts

Seems fair enough.

Like the slow cooker analogy. Was saying the same thing about Ronning and Day months ago and was sorta eviscerated by one or two here. Yet, this is really the natural progression for most kids coming from Juniors who haven't played enough hockey against men to justify some massively accelerated development jump.

As a sidenote, some fans misunderstand that sending Ronning to Hartford for the start of Camp does not mean that he is not a stronger prospect than Gropp or others still at Ranger camp.

Archived