• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Brendan Smith's Road to Redemption Begins Now

Phil

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Point being that it’s absurd to think that guys aren’t defending their teammates because they are worried about repercussions from the coach.

I dont see why that would be so hard to believe. I dont know or claim to know if that is what happened re: AV, but I could certainly understand the idea that some coaches may preach a turn the other cheek philosophy when it comes to potentially taking retaliatory penalties. Far from absurd IMO.

I just think the team makeup has not consisted of many guys willing to drop the gloves in defense of teammates, regardless of who the coach was. I dont know how many times I saw just a ridiculous hit (dirty ones) that came with no answer...ones that would happen right in front of Rangers players.

I dont see why that would be so hard to believe. I dont know or claim to know if that is what happened re: AV, but I could certainly understand the idea that some coaches may preach a turn the other cheek philosophy when it comes to potentially taking retaliatory penalties. Far from absurd IMO.

I just think the team makeup has not consisted of many guys willing to drop the gloves in defense of teammates, regardless of who the coach was. I dont know how many times I saw just a ridiculous hit (dirty ones) that came with no answer...ones that would happen right in front of Rangers players.

When your goalie gets run over like Lundqvist did in Dallas, the last thing on any players mind should be worrying about the coach. That sort of play goes beyond philosophy.

So for Vodka, what I am saying is much more nuanced. AV created a culture where players were made so aware of not taking retaliation penalties, that over the years hesitancy creeped in. That is part of how a hit like Eakin's goes unanswered.

When your goalie gets run over like Lundqvist did in Dallas, the last thing on any players mind should be worrying about the coach. That sort of play goes beyond philosophy.

Damn right, on any team I played on or witnessed. So what is your explanation then? Most of the Rangers are professional pussies?

Can we agree and still appreciate that you (people) don't typically go against their bosses repeated instructions. Do you instinctively defy your boss's policies and long-standing instruction?

So for Vodka, what I am saying is much more nuanced. AV created a culture where players were made so aware of not taking retaliation penalties, that over the years hesitancy creeped in. That is part of how a hit like Eakin's goes unanswered.

that's BS. "the culture" was there even before AV ever got here. Remember how Girardi did not stick up for Gabby when he was beaten up by Carsillo? torts was coaching then.

stop blaming AV for every little thing you, as a fan, didn't like about the team. its getting ridiculous

that's BS. "the culture" was there even before AV ever got here. Remember how Girardi did not stick up for Gabby when he was beaten up by Carsillo? torts was coaching then.

stop blaming AV for every little thing you, as a fan, didn't like about the team. its getting ridiculous

Bingo!

I found an interesting stat regarding physicality. During the 15-16 season when Dylan McIlrath was playing. When he had 3 or more hits in a game their record was 12-6. In games where he had 1 or 0 hits their record was 1-10. That's how important it is to play a hard hitting game.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

I found an interesting stat regarding physicality. During the 15-16 season when Dylan McIlrath was playing. When he had 3 or more hits in a game their record was 12-6. In games where he had 1 or 0 hits their record was 1-10. That's how important it is to play a hard hitting game.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

This screams of Texas Sharpshooter fallacy. I'd need a lot more corroborating evidence to buy this correlation (that hits equal wins) at face value.

This screams of Texas Sharpshooter fallacy. I'd need a lot more corroborating evidence to buy this correlation (that hits equal wins) at face value.
Here's a random stat. JT Miller in 2017 playoffs. 2 and above hits per game 5-2 ( the 2 were OTL) . 1 hit games 1-4.

All I'm saying is that these stats are interesting.

Here's a random stat. JT Miller in 2017 playoffs. 2 and above hits per game 5-2 ( the 2 were OTL) . 1 hit games 1-4.

All I'm saying is that these stats are interesting.

I think that shows players were involved and willing. Something we didn’t see this past my season, for whatever reason. I think we are all looking forward to seeing players that appear to be more involved with the player, and show a bit more effort every shift. Part of that will be physical play, and may involve dropping the gloves, but we need the guys that are willing and able to do that.

No, you implied they're "that important" to the game in direct reference to wins and losses. Again, I'm going to need to see a lot more evidence than this to buy that argument.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

The "that important" I should have stated is my personal opinion and is not necessarily reality.

Archived