• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

NHL Network's Projected Lineup

CBrowningPI

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Fast has long been a better finisher than you might think, and with K and Z both having a long history of defensive deficiencies, I see Fast as a no brainer on that line. There is a long history of great scoring lines in which one of the wings is more of defensive anchor who can chip in on offense.

Fast has long been a better finisher than you might think, and with K and Z both having a long history of defensive deficiencies, I see Fast as a no brainer on that line. There is a long history of great scoring lines in which one of the wings is more of defensive anchor who can chip in on offense.
I agree. JT Miller made a comment about Fast being a better offensive talent than most thought. He can work well on 1-4 but he was constantly asked to be a shutdown foward because there really were few players who could be trusted to handle it. Being the players player for years shows his character, and he was also always in the top 3 for hits per game, every game.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

You see Fast as a "no brainer" first liner? Shocking.

I agree he should get a chance to move up the lineup and prove something -- like almost everyone in camp -- but at 33 points I can think of better options.

You see Fast as a "no brainer" first liner? Shocking.

I agree he should get a chance to move up the lineup and prove something -- like almost everyone in camp -- but at 33 points I can think of better options.

I think this is because Fast put up 12 points in the final 12 games of the season. I'd start Fast up top to check that out to start the season, because why the fuck not?

Kreider - Zib - Fast

Andersson - Hayes - Vesey

Buchnevich - Chytil - MZA

Namestnikov - Spooner - Beleskey

McLeod

These lines aren't in order, who ever's going gets the ice time.

The most difficult part about this lineup is lack of puck retrievers/forecheckers. You have Fast and Kreider... if you put them on the same line, the next best is Vesey, who averaged 1 hit per game last season, and regardless of how some posters want to point to his fiestiness, he's not an incredibly effective forechecker.

The most difficult part about this lineup is lack of puck retrievers/forecheckers. You have Fast and Kreider... if you put them on the same line, the next best is Vesey, who averaged 1 hit per game last season, and regardless of how some posters want to point to his fiestiness, he's not an incredibly effective forechecker.
Doesn't Zucc sqeeze in there before Vesey?

Sent from my SM-N900T using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

but at 33 points I can think of better options.

Try parsing that to five on five points per minute on the ice and then give it a kicker to compensate who he played with and what his marching orders were for nine-tenths of the season. K and Z's five on five points per minute played were not good at all until Fast came along.

Yes, Vesey averaged 1.1 hits per game. So much worse than Fast's 1.8

This.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Top 9:

Krieder - Zibanejad - Buchnevich

Namestnikov - Chytil - Zuccarello

Vesey - Hayes - Spooner

-----------------------------------------------

4th Line options:

Meskanen/Ronning - Anderson - Fast

McLeod - Holland/Nieves - Fast

Yeah, that's what I'm hoping for if Hayes stays.

Yes, Vesey averaged 1.1 hits per game. So much worse than Fast's 1.8

Not necessarily a shot are Vesey, as it is the entire lineup. Grabner, Miller and Nash were our top forecheckera, along with Fast and Kreider. Might not always be hits, but those guys were always the first on the puck, constantly pressuring the defense and not giving them any time. That’s a lot to make up, when your next best option is Jimmy Vesey. And after him, it’s a bigger drop off.

I did have a sentence about the structure and system but took it out.

2 things.

1. We're gonna suck, so why not Fast on "top" line?

2. We desperately need a right shot forward.

In a different thread, I mentioned that Fast does the little things that could make life easier for some of the young kids, including forechecking, good defensively, gets open, etc. At the same time, it could give Buchnevich or Chytil some time with a pair like Zibanejad and Kreider and hopefully develop their offensive side of the game

But that’s the play that can help any line, especially when games/goals aren’t make or break.

I would try Chytil with K and Z at some point of the season, either Zib or Chytil on the wing. That could be deadly line. Problem is it would fuck up the rest of the lines tho. Cant see Buch playing with Hayes going well, where do zuc play?

Maybe:

Kreider - Zib - Chytil

Zuc - Hayes - Buch

Spooner - Lias - Fast

Vesey - Names - (someone not names Mcleod)

Thats a bad lineup, but the top line would be funny to watch.

Buch/Zib/Kreider is the only combination that looks remotely like an actual 1st line

I’d like to see Chytil with Zuc and Names as they’ll put the puck on his stick in decent positions

Hayes and Spooner looked decent together. Hopefully Meskanen puts out in camp and joins that line

Vesey/Lias/Fast as the 4th

Fast had a stretch during which he benefited from the dominance of Kreider and Zib. Fast adds nothing to a top 6 line if the other two aren't driving the offense.

Tend to agree with this...But if playing with Fast makes Zib and Kreider more comfortable being creative and aggressive on the forecheck because they depend on him, then he can be successful there. He doesn't need to carry the puck with those two, and that's his biggest weakness, so it could work long term.

I think Fast's best spot is on a 2b/3rd line with Hayes and another winger who can score, say, Vesey or Spooner. That way he's with enough talent to be on a line with some scoring productivity but being used in a defensive role, which is where he's most effective.

Buch/Zib/Kreider is the only combination that looks remotely like an actual 1st line

I’d like to see Chytil with Zuc and Names as they’ll put the puck on his stick in decent positions

Hayes and Spooner looked decent together. Hopefully Meskanen puts out in camp and joins that line

Vesey/Lias/Fast as the 4th

Names has never been much of an assist guy throughout his career, counting on that changing in this scenario? No doubt tough to build lines with the sizable gaps and unknowns.

Rangers Projected Lineup according to Brett Cyrgalis of The Post

Forwards

Chris Kreider-Mika Zibanejad-Pavel Buchnevich

Ryan Spooner-Filip Chytil-Mats Zuccarello

Vladislav Namestnikov-Lias Andersson-Ville Meskanen

Jimmy Vesey-Kevin Hayes-Jesper Fast

Extra: Cody McLeod

Defense

Brady Skjei-Kevin Shattenkirk

Marc Staal-Neal Pionk

Brendan Smith-Tony DeAngelo

Extra: Fredrik Claesson