• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

What to do with The King?

Ozzy

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hellebuyck just resigned. $6.166M AAV. BTW, at the same point in his career Hank signed for $6.8AAV.

Yea, but Helleybuck played last year on the cheap contract.

Henrik was coming off back-to-back 70-start, 35-win seasons. Of course he got more.

Yea, but Helleybuck played last year on the cheap contract.

Henrik was coming off back-to-back 70-start, 35-win seasons. Of course he got more.

I know, my point was Hank unlike 99% of goalies in the league played through his $6-7M contract at an elite level and earned another deal. Most goalies don't. Can't compare Hank's current deal to a guy signing as a RFA.

I know, my point was Hank unlike 99% of goalies in the league played through his $6-7M contract at an elite level and earned another deal. Most goalies don't. Can't compare Hank's current deal to a guy signing as a RFA.

Oh, right. That's kind of what I was trying to get at.

So basically in retrospect, it really wasn't a "horrible" deal for the time...maybe a little ahead of its time, but for Hank who was absolutely World class, I suppose it was fitting.

One thing though is that he's most likely going to get absolutely pelted with shots this year. A defensive structure takes time to build, and the fact is we didn't have any defensive structure to begin with before this season....so this is all going to be new to these players. I can see us giving up 35-40 shots a game for the first 25-30 games.

Hank's gonna see more rubber than Goodyear.

To me it wasn?t just about quantity of shots last season, it was about quality. Ranger?s defense was putrid, worst I have seen since before the lockout in my opinion. It was a perfect storm for bad goaltending.

And hey Hank had some bad games on his own as well there is no doubt about that but over all he was still solid. I?m not overly worried about Hank.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Archived