• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Attempting to Acquire Matt Martin's Contract from TOR

Phil

I feel it needs more backing.

Oddly I say fuck Matt Martin and you take it as hating on Hayes.....??????

Suggesting a trade for a gritty character winger whom can play on the top six isn't exactly hating on the guy..

Shaw is a 30 point player. If we trade Hayes for Shaw Montreal wins that trade in a landslide.

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hayes is a 40 point player.... So? I'd rather have Shaw.

So if you really want to argue it. Shaw averages ~34 points per year with 55% of his shits staring in the offensive zone. Hayes averages ~12 points more per year with only 42.7% of his shifts starting in the offensive zone. Hayes outproduces Shaw offensively, while being used in a predominantly defensive role. Hayes is a quality shutdown center, Shaw is Jesper Fast with a little bit of attitude.

So if you really want to argue it. Shaw averages ~34 points per year with 55% of his shits staring in the offensive zone. Hayes averages ~12 points more per year with only 42.7% of his shifts starting in the offensive zone. Hayes outproduces Shaw offensively, while being used in a predominantly defensive role. Hayes is a quality shutdown center, Shaw is Jesper Fast with a little bit of attitude.

Fast > Shaw

Dude we get it, you are on a mission. You want Hayes gone and you are not very discriminating in what you get back.

Some of us prefer we keep a valuable C who gets to start anew or are talking packages that could return Trouba or Debrusk.

You are not going to get many of us repeating your mantra if you'll take overpaid grit in a trade return. Your hate has you selling Hayes way below mkt value. We disagree, we want to move the needle. Trading Hayes for crap that does nothing for our longterm assets is only interesting to a very narrow audience.

Matt Martin is once again an Islander.

Martin traded to Islanders from Maple Leafs

Forward previously played seven seasons in New York; Toronto acquires goalie prospect McAdam

Matt Martin was traded to the New York Islanders from the Toronto Maple Leafs on Tuesday for goaltender prospect Eamon McAdam.

The 29-year-old forward had 12 points (three goals, nine assists) in 50 games with the Maple Leafs last season and did not play in the Stanley Cup Playoffs; the Maple Leafs lost to the Boston Bruins in seven games in the Eastern Conference First Round.

https://www.nhl.com/news/matt-martin-traded-to-new-york-islanders-from-toronto-maple-leafs/c-299405708

Go Rangers!!

Yes Hayes is an offensive juggernaut.... Two totally different players with big time different styles of play.

I'd rather have Shaw.

Dude we get it, you are on a mission. You want Hayes gone and you are not very discriminating in what you get back.

Some of us prefer we keep a valuable C who gets to start anew or are talking packages that could return Trouba or Debrusk.

You are not going to get many of us repeating your mantra if you'll take overpaid grit in a trade return. Your hate has you selling Hayes way below mkt value. We disagree, we want to move the needle. Trading Hayes for crap that does nothing for our longterm assets is only interesting to a very narrow audience.

I'm being realistic. You can keep thinking that they can get Trouba or Debrusk. I'm setting the bar low and seeking out types of players I feel will benefit what will be a young and soft core. I don't see a goon in this teams future. A guy that plays scrappy and can possibly handle a 2nd line role at tops would be a really solid move. Sorry that you disagree.

I'm being realistic. You can keep thinking that they can get Trouba or Debrusk. I'm setting the bar low and seeking out types of players I feel will benefit what will be a young and soft core. I don't see a goon in this teams future. A guy that plays scrappy and can possibly handle a 2nd line role at tops would be a really solid move. Sorry that you disagree.

I don't disagree, but I'm not bringing in decent grit in exchange for our #2 C. You can join Chiarelli in hanging a sucker sign, I'm not interested.

I don't think we should move Hayes now, unless we get the going rate for top 6 centers. I don't think we can get those players but there were reports the Rangers are interested in Trouba (and he's asking 8.5 pre free agency) and we could offer a package around a center, because of their need. Someone else brought up Debrusk, but we didn't spend time on it. Contrast that with the way you beat us over the head with dumping the same guys for nickels on the dollar.

Matt Martin was just given away, we could have had him or other 4th line scraps that were just signed. Dime a dozen. Not sure why we didn't pluck one for a 5th rounder during the draft before salaries inflated this free agency. Bad planning, but I'm not compounding that mistake by trading a guy with a lot of value for a JAG with grit.

Some rebuild plan we've shown so far. Matt Martin. A guy that couldn't even make the lineup every game. Smh.

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

You can still acquire vets as long as you aren’t sacrificing the future. Several of us mentioned making a move similar to a Martin +4th for a 6th type of deal

Archived