• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2017-2018 SCF | Las Vegas Golden Knights (P1) vs Washington Capitals (M1)

Who Wins the Cup?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins the Cup?

• Knights in 4
    • Knights in 5
    • Knights in 6
    • Knights in 7
    • Caps in 4
    • Caps in 5
    • Caps in 6
    • Caps in 7

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm pulling for the Caps. Still feel some sort of odd allegiance for the Eastern Conference team winning championships if the Rangers aren't going to do it...except if the Devils, Flyers or Isles are in it...than the West can win.

So I see Tom Wilson being Tom Wilson again with the cheap shot on Marchessaualt

It was a late, blindside check that he was penalized for. Not sure anything else comes of it.

This was a hell of a hockey game. Vegas just doesn't like to give up leads. It seems like whenever they go down, they just get right back on the horse the next shift and within two minute of hockey, they've tied it up.

I give credit for the Caps for gritting things out, but they've had to fight tooth and nail to get through lesser teams in the East.

Vegas made one of the best teams in the league (Winnipeg) look impotent. They've demolished some great teams in the West. And I think they are heads and shoulders above the Caps.

Pittsburgh, Tampa and Columbus are all better than Anaheim and San Jose.

Pittsburgh, Tampa and Columbus are all better than Anaheim and San Jose.

By what criteria, the eye test? If we look at standings/goal differential Nashville/Winnipeg/Tampa/Boston/Vegas cluster together, with Anaheim/Pitt/San Jose clustered in the middle, and by goal difference Columbus a step worse.

Since the West plays more games against the West and the East plays more games against the East record may not be the best measuring stick.

By my eye test there are more teams out west that play attacking, skilled hockey (like Winnipeg) and more teams in the east that play defensive first (like Columbus, but Pittsburgh is an obvious exception). But this is probably just a case of eye of the beholder.

I think Vegas is making some really good teams look average.

Archived