• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Lias Andersson Suspended Four Games by IIHF

josh

Your math is off dude. This past year was the 2018 WJC, the oldest players were 98's. Rosters, not a single 97 in the tourney. Some did turn 20 before the tourney ended. Next year's tourney, although it starts in December 2018, is the 2019 WJC. Andersson, as a 98, is too old.

My math isn’t fucked up, I’m fucked up. Completely blocked out what year we’re in. I’m in season mode, not year mode. What an absent minded fuck. Yet I can remember a ppg from 3 years ago.

#CTE?

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Such a joke. Andersson and Boqvist who both aged out of the world juniors have had their suspensions chance to the 2019 World Championship. Dahlin's suspension is still for the WJC, but he won't play in the WJC because he'll be playing in Buffalo, and when Buffalo fails to make the playoffs Dahlin will play in the World Championship with no suspension.

Oh, and Sweden also gave our immature, disappointed teenager an A for this year's tournament...

Again, I'm with Pete, it's total immaturity. I can't even fathom what would have happened to me if I did such a thing. It's totally disrespectful.

He got it out of his system. Luckily, it was when he was 17. Like the fire and passion it shows, just the wrong way of showing it.

I feel like we're over analyzing a dumb decision made by a child. Similar to Josh Allen's tweets when he was 14, who cares? Is he good at hockey? That's all that matters right now.

But Allen was 14, and not on a stage.

The mistake is that people are forced to wear a participation trophy around their neck for the duration of the closing ceremony, and post-game mixed zone and media conference procedures. And if they dare to take the participation trophy off its suspendable? Shake hands and go to the locker room.

The mistake is that people are forced to wear a participation trophy around their neck for the duration of the closing ceremony, and post-game mixed zone and media conference procedures. And if they dare to take the participation trophy off its suspendable? Shake hands and go to the locker room.

This starts when you are a kid. Following tourney games, friendlys etc. I remember standing through plenty of awards/trophy/medal ceremonies after a tourney, or league championship, when we didnt win - and its more common outside the US (or, was, when I was playing). It sucks, but its not like this entire thing was new to any of them.

It's the same thing after a playoff series loss and you have to shake hands with the team that just beat on you for 4-7 games. It's not fun, but its part of sportsmanship.

Childish for sure, he'll hopefully learn from it. Gold, silver and bronze here is hardly the equivalent of participation medals comparing them to Olympic medals is more accurate for the huge international best of the best tournaments.

Yeah, well, any one that makes such a mis-step should be sent to the Gulag for 8 years of labour and re-education. It's possible he's unaware of his privilege so some atonement is needed to satisfy the prevailing ideologues. You know how it is.

Love that he did this and still do. How about don't give out silly runners up medals and ask the players to pretend this is the Olympics?

The participation trophies/medals for things like this has to stop, especially when it's done right after the game. People ask the losing team to have respect for the winner, how about everyone else shows a little respect for the losing team by not asking them to take a junk trophy after a tough, emotional loss?

Sure, I mean, character and integrity are almost already meaningless in today's society, we should just go ahead an scrap them all together.

I'll be instructing my son to do exactly like Lias in every tournament this year, all the other parents are likely to judge his actions poorly, but I'll know in my heart it's not the emotional tantrum of a nine year old we're witnessing, but actually the beginnings of an astute uber-competitor possessing an ingrained sense of self entitlement that will surely serve him well in his future endeavors.

Sure, I mean, character and integrity are almost already meaningless in today's society, we should just go ahead an scrap them all together.

I'll be instructing my son to do exactly like Lias in every tournament this year, all the other parents are likely to judge his actions poorly, but I'll know in my heart it's not the emotional tantrum of a nine year old we're witnessing, but actually the beginnings of an astute uber-competitor possessing an ingrained sense of self entitlement that will surely serve him well in his future endeavors.

That's the spirit! Go Dad!

Nicely done.

It was a poor decision made in the heat of the moment. Is anyone denying that?

My point is, who cares? He’s a kid. Kids do stupid shit. He got a talking to, even got the medal back. Let’s move on.

It shouldn’t be seen as a positive nor a negative quality of the person. In fact this will be my last post on the subject because it’s insane for adults to be commenting on the actions of a kid.

Archived