• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2017-18 ECQF | Boston Bruins (A2) v. Toronto Maple Leafs (A3)

Phil

Who wins?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Bruins in 4
    • Bruins in 5
    • Bruins in 6
    • Bruins in 7
    • Leafs in 4
    • Leafs in 5
    • Leafs in 6
    • Leafs in 7

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Is any of their offense? Only guy I'm noticing every shift is Marner.

No doubt, they look neutered. I don't like how Babcock handled the forwards this year or the way Lou let the D remain lacking, even after promoting Dermott. They acted like they wanted to sit on the lead for 2 periods. They need to re look at how they want to play offense and attack. Too much talent to play in such a shell.

Fucking Leafs :( The Bruins got away with murder in that game though. Terrible officiating. Although the Leafs really showed their inexperience.

You gotta imagine an experienced Rangers squad with Lundqvist in goal would've brought home the win taking a one goal lead into the third period of a Game 7...

Did Lou Lammy do anything this year? Seriously, why does Shanny need him? A washed up Plakanec?

They got fairly lucky with a group of elite kids and they did nothing at all to upgrade the roster. Even after their playoff series last year and a division that enabled them to easily lock down a playoff spot, they stood pat. They don't act like they belong. That needs to change.

They also need some new key players starting with a top pair righty, as well as competent blue line depth. It's urgent, if they wish to compete. We'll have some competition for a good RHD this offseason. They could also use a guy like Kreider, on a different line than Marner. They'll have to find their own power forward who can stretch the O.

At least all the pretenders are gone. These are 4 excellent series. Maybe one of the best and most interesting quarterfinal round ever.

Great game... TOR isn't very good. At least for a playoff team

Most people are going Tampa but I think it's going to be super close.

They took the 2nd best team in the East to 7 games and they're not good?

Huge eyeroll.

They're one D away.

If Toronto was one dman away, then mgmt really screwed the pooch, eh? And their fans who pay MSG-like prices.

Zuc, I think it is less being cheap $ wise and more that they couldn't shift their thinking from their rebuild (and hoarding every single pick and asset) to actually giving something of future value up to improve a major weakness. And they didn't have a strong enough belief in themselves.

And they still haven't won a series in forever. They may have extended Boston, but they would have also lost to the Caps and Pens too. They deserve no pity or kudos, screw the Leafs they deserve zip.

Theyve said all along they werent going to trade major pieces this season. Wait until next trade deadline - theyll get their dman

Then they obviously believed they were more than one piece away. Otherwise, that was the dumbest strategy/decision this new regime has made.

Theyve said all along they werent going to trade major pieces this season. Wait until next trade deadline - theyll get their dman

Well it is time they do something impressive. It is easy to trade everything they own for assets and finish with a terrible record a few years in a row. It is easy to select Matthews when he is handed to you. Or Marner. Seems their hardest decision was choosing between Nylander or Ehlers. What a bunch of brilliant moves.

There best move was taking Travis Dermott at the top of the 2nd round. Other than Dermott, it is hard to point to an impressive personnel move they've made.

I think NOT trading away assets this season will prove to be an impressive move, honestly.

Next season, theyre not losing much, while their kids get older - Mathews, Nylander, McD, Lilypad, Brown, Marner, Kap. Theyll add a veteran to their depth via small trade or FA, and possibly make a deal at the deadline.

They werent good enough, IMP, to be contenders. They had a great series, but I couldnt imagine that team going through and winning the cup, even with McDonagh.

Yeah, I mean, McDonagh would have helped, but I'm with Wyshynski on this — they're two competent D away from contention. I don't even think they need someone the caliber of McDonagh, who is going to cost an arm and a leg to retain. They just need a couple more guys like Dermott who are good in their own end.

Archived