• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

(#65) Rangers @ Calgary Flames // Tanner 3:16 Says I Just Tanked Your Season!

Phil

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I can only giggle at every win with this roster. 4 of our 6 defensemen played games in the AHL this season

Hank was a beast

It's not just the D. Look at the forwards... I mean that 4th line might be the worst in Ranger history. McLeod, Holland, Carey? Carey has been here all year and I STILL don't know who he is.

It's not just the D. Look at the forwards... I mean that 4th line might be the worst in Ranger history. McLeod, Holland, Carey? Carey has been here all year and I STILL don't know who he is.

He’s Carey. He wears #28

I thought we were going in opposite direction to get us a low pick.

What the hell is going on?

It's been two games. That required 50+ saves to win. Sample size is still too small to claim the ship is righted. Especially given they just lost seven straight prior to these two wins.

Obviously at the heart of everything is that we are all Rangers fans here and really like when they win. We know in our brains that losing is probably more beneficial than winning at the moment but when they play like they did last night I think we all feel good regardless. Last night was a lot of fun due, in an extremely large part, to Hank being godlike. I'm not fooled by a team that just gave up back to back 50 shot games but I still thoroughly enjoyed watching them last night.

I get that it?s very unlikely and in reality, it?s probably been over for weeks. But if the rangers win tonight, they are only 3 points out of the last wildcard with 15+ games left. The Defense has to get better and obviously the chances of advancing are slim. But until we are actually eliminated, in the back of my mind I?m still going to hope they get in somehow. In the NHL you never know where a magical playoff run will come from. The last team in the playoffs last year made it to the finals. How fun would this team be to root for in the playoffs? Every positive expectation was removed weeks ago and they all but waived the white flag at the deadline. The rangers could be a feel good underdog story for a change. You never know.

This feels like its all about Lundqvist getting his 30 wins. And i'm all for it. I'm not interested in tanking on purpose. Just creates a bad culture. So why not. After he gets his 30, put georgiev in more. Let the kid get some more time.

That save was ridiculous. and Kreider getting no love on that beautiful sauce to set up Buch. Fun stuff.

Kreids can use all the love he can get.

He goes out with an unavoidable injury ... the team falls apart .. he comes back and half his buddies are traded.

if the rebuild works we can partly thank him, because if he had stayed in the lineup, they might have beem rancid but still zheaded to the playoffs and the same old buy and bandaid shit would have gone on forever; we'll maybe never know how his being in the lineup would have affected things.

But ... I'm glad he's still here and can bring his talents to the post lockout Rangers 3.0 (or whatever number would be appropriate, lol).

Archived