• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Claim F Cody McLeod from Nashville Predators

Blue Heaven

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not a crime to send him down, but it'd be nice having Vinni where he belongs. Centering a fourth line with Grabner and Fast, and kicking ass. While learning to play NHL D with two fast defensive studs. This is indicative with what is wrong with our team.

WTF is AV gonna do with Cody? Shut up, I already know the answer.

Alain Vigneault laughed as he remembered exactly what Cody McLeod said to him from the ice on New Year?s Eve in Denver just over a year ago.

?He stood in front of my bench and said, ?Hey coach, are you looking for a tough fourth-liner?? ? Vigneault relayed Thursday morning, the day his Rangers claimed McLeod off waivers from the Predators. ?So it took me a year to sort it out.?

https://nypost.com/2018/01/26/rangers-sign-tough-fourth-liner-off-waivers/

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

which kid? Some guy that will never make the NHL fulltime or 29 year old Paul Carey or his journeymen linemates?

The bottom 6 has been a disaster. Theyre not tough to play against in any way. Do you know how easy that it is for other teams? They legit have zero worries lining up against half the lines - no threat to score, hit, fight, grind, check, forecheck. It's a walk in the park.

The fourth line was just fine when it was Nieves centering Carey and Fast. They did quite well and kinda won a few games with their contributions. I think Carey is awesome for a fourth liner. I'm surprised he never caught on elsewhere.

I'm more concerned about players like Lettieri not getting chances on the roster because this clod is here.

Yes the Rangers need grit and toughness. But that player needs to be able to skate. I admit I have never paid any attention to this guys skating ability over the years and I don't know if he can PK, but I'm pretty sure he can't do either.

If they are going to scoop off the waiver wire, I prefer a scorer. Get Jagr . Not this guy.

Maybe I'm over reacting, but this guy stinks and doesn't fit any role the Rangers employ.

I hate but waiver pickups, but he fits the description of what this team severely needs, regardless of what the team does moving forward.

which kid? Some guy that will never make the NHL fulltime or 29 year old Paul Carey or his journeymen linemates?

The bottom 6 has been a disaster. Theyre not tough to play against in any way. Do you know how easy that it is for other teams? They legit have zero worries lining up against half the lines - no threat to score, hit, fight, grind, check, forecheck. It's a walk in the park.

carey (29)

DD (ufa, 31)

Holland 27

Grabner UFA - 30

CantanogunnaplayintheNHL the guy that coulndt make the Sabres line up?? not even a .5 ppg in the A

Fast - unaffected

Must have been the ice.

Man, why does the ignore button only work on the initial post? If the ignored message is quoted I can see it ffs.

2Xx.gif

What's the point of having this guy on the ice, on the team, or in the org if players are going to take runs at our guys and he's going to do fuck-all?

Doubling down - he's taking 12 minutes in a game? Of even strength time? Are you kidding me? We have some of the best even strength players in the NHL, and this clod gets around a third of the even strength shifts?

This is garbage team management, and garbage game management. There's no point in having an enforcer if they don't enforce. There's no point in having an enforcer if the guy who needs to step up and throw punches is your star 22 year old D-man. There's no point in having an enforcer if there aren't consequences for running at our players. Absolutely, unequivocally, damningly fucking pointless.

Further, there's no point in analytics if you don't use them to make better decisions. Rick Nash, Pavel Buchnevich (yes, I know he's hurt), Michael Grabner, Mats Zuccarello - they're phenomenal even strength players. That Rick Nash got less ES TOI than Cody fuckin McLeod is a goddamn travesty.

What's the point of having this guy on the ice, on the team, or in the org if players are going to take runs at our guys and he's going to do fuck-all?

Doubling down - he's taking 12 minutes in a game? Of even strength time? Are you kidding me? We have some of the best even strength players in the NHL, and this clod gets around a third of the even strength shifts?

This is garbage team management, and garbage game management. There's no point in having an enforcer if they don't enforce. There's no point in having an enforcer if the guy who needs to step up and throw punches is your star 22 year old D-man. There's no point in having an enforcer if there aren't consequences for running at our players. Absolutely, unequivocally, damningly fucking pointless.

Further, there's no point in analytics if you don't use them to make better decisions. Rick Nash, Pavel Buchnevich (yes, I know he's hurt), Michael Grabner, Mats Zuccarello - they're phenomenal even strength players. That Rick Nash got less ES TOI than Cody fuckin McLeod is a goddamn travesty.

“Hallelujah - holy shit!”

A god damn men.

Archived