• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Claim F Cody McLeod from Nashville Predators

Blue Heaven

They've already got 6 fourth liners. Not sure how adding a 7th helps in any way.

some guys we have playing in the bottom 6 are probably better served with time in the minors anyway. I think Lettieri, despite showing some good stuff, could probably go back down. Maybe move Fast up and play McLeod sparingly on the 4th?

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Do we even have a skirt that will fit this guy??

Did he lose a bet???

Is he coming here to be "pussified"???

So many questions....

Looks like a useless move to me, gang. Throw shit at the wall, and maybe it'll stick. Typical current regime move....

"If the shit sticks... wear it!"

Or something like that. I have almost blind faith in Gorton for some reason, but this season will really put that to the test. What is the idea here? What does McLeod bring to this team? They are out of a playoff spot. They have big fucking issues. Big moves need to be made. What's the best case scenario here? That he has a minimal impact and gets the team into 8th place? Is that what we're hoping for with this? Then what?

"If the shit sticks... wear it!"

Or something like that. I have almost blind faith in Gorton for some reason, but this season will really put that to the test. What is the idea here? What does McLeod bring to this team? They are out of a playoff spot. They have big fucking issues. Big moves need to be made. What's the best case scenario here? That he has a minimal impact and gets the team into 8th place? Is that what we're hoping for with this? Then what?

You cracked me up!! LOL

I really feel for Gorton though. He inherited a bag of dog shit topped with gold plating. All these long time, overpaid, over valued, Rangers with a pretty bare cupboard that is our "Farm System".

If ever there was a shot to re-stock the shelves...this is the year to do it!

You cracked me up!! LOL

I really feel for Gorton though. He inherited a bag of dog shit topped with gold plating. All these long time, overpaid, over valued, Rangers with a pretty bare cupboard that is our "Farm System".

If ever there was a shot to re-stock the shelves...this is the year to do it!

I think that's why I have faith. Gorton is patient. He was rumored to be looking to make a BIG splash at the last draft and ultimately couldn't get it done. He's not going to give players away. I can respect that. But this season is make or break for me. He may be patient but I am not. My sig will say "fire Gorton" if there isn't a major shake up before next season.

I think that's why I have faith. Gorton is patient. He was rumored to be looking to make a BIG splash at the last draft and ultimately couldn't get it done. He's not going to give players away. I can respect that. But this season is make or break for me. He may be patient but I am not. My sig will say "fire Gorton" if there isn't a major shake up before next season.

I like the current sig you have now!!! I'll be patient with Gorton if he shows me some balls this year and does what I think is right for this team....and that's sell high!

Cody McLeod: Scooped off waivers by Rangers

https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/hockey/news/rangers-cody-mcleod-scooped-off-waivers-by-rangers/

Must be an aberration. Picked a guy with grit and toughness off the waiver wire? Geez. Who woulda thunk? Boy, people in general are gonna have a field day over this timely acquisition.

458940662_8.jpg?w=420&h=303

Why? Just doesn't fit. Some kid is going to sit for a guy who doesn't really do all that much that fits on this team. I can only imagine how bad of a skater he is.

which kid? Some guy that will never make the NHL fulltime or 29 year old Paul Carey or his journeymen linemates?

The bottom 6 has been a disaster. Theyre not tough to play against in any way. Do you know how easy that it is for other teams? They legit have zero worries lining up against half the lines - no threat to score, hit, fight, grind, check, forecheck. It's a walk in the park.

Ray Sheppard was obtained for $1. So I guess not waivers

According to hockey-reference.com, "cash and future considerations". Don't know what the future considerations turned out to be. He was a pending UFA, so it might have been a draft pick if they re-signed him.

I think Avery was something of an outlier. He was a valuable enough commodity to have signed a sizeable contract with Dallas months before but was proving personally problematic (yes, Sean Avery). He wasn't the typical scrap heap morsel on the waiver wire.

Archived