• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS] (#43) Rangers vs. New York Islanders // Greiss is Terrible

High and Wide

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Coach is a must fire.

It saddens me to see what has happened to the game I love. In the past getting pasted by your biggest rival at home would result in some passionate physical play to the point of dirty. There wasn?t even a pinch, slap, kick, or pull of the hair by these pussies. Even for today?s nhl the rangers are soft. It?s pathetic I?m not sure how they look themselves in the mirror. I?ve been pushing the trade Nash and Grabner idea but I think after today?s lack of pulse and passion it needs to go farther. Open fire sale. We got inventory and it?s all for sale. Wouldn?t get an argument out of me dealing anyone on the team.

While watching the game today, I kept remembering something Valiquette and Dugay alluded to during an intermission two weeks ago.

They were talking about a moment they kept replaying of Hank and Miller getting in each other?s faces over a play.

They mentioned how that kind of fire is healthy when players are able to get on each other?s cases and communicate. In fact, it?s something that should be a part of every team. That kind of passion and fire is good when it?s used in a positive manner.

I guess the point I?m getting at is that this team seems way too buddy buddy with each other. It?s cool to be friends and get along on and off the ice, but I would love to see more of that confrontation and accountability. Seeing more players in each other?s faces motivating one another and working through the crap to get the job done.

Real leadership, as has been mentioned many times, is something this team lacks.

Hopefully tomorrow is better. Crosby only has 13 more points then Zuc and for the year he is -11 and Pittsburgh does not want him traded. I think a lot of teams are in the same bind or position as the Rangers based on the standings so who is the first one to make a move? So let's all be Positive and after tomorrow Crosby will be -13 and the Rangers win 5-3. (Sorry it is still Saturday here)

Not comparing just saying Penguins same record and there best player is not at his usual or dominating the league sitting at a -11. The league has a lot of parity and I think it's just going to be tight. Our team has just hit a slump, AV the main leader is lost resulting in the players being lost. Not sure if a portion of them believe in his system anymore. Plus Ruff is the D coach ( correct me if I am wring) he sucks in general as a coach.

i understand what your saying ,but you are talking about Crosby ,who has won quite a few cups and will do anything to win,and will go down as one of the best all time players,not that i am happy about it,fucking Crosby

I agree. I like Zuc as a player and his size makes him a scrappy player but ultimately this team will not win a cup with our leading scorer finishing the year with 59-61 total points. I don't get why Gortin does not see they need for an impact player from the offense side. Shatty was not the guy just trying to shore up the D and for the money he has been average. The obvious is there is turbulence in the club house whether it is Av vs Players, Players vs Players or both. No "team" unity, No "team" desire = average team

I agree. I like Zuc as a player and his size makes him a scrappy player but ultimately this team will not win a cup with our leading scorer finishing the year with 59-61 total points. I don't get why Gortin does not see they need for an impact player from the offense side. Shatty was not the guy just trying to shore up the D and for the money he has been average. The obvious is there is turbulence in the club house whether it is Av vs Players, Players vs Players or both. No "team" unity, No "team" desire = average team
well said

well said

Funny thing, was flipping channels on my NHL ticket and caught the last few minutes of the Kings/Ducks ( hate the kings). Guess what, the Kings lost and in there last nine games they have won on 3 and currently on a 3 game slide. They have more points then us. Kopitar in the post game show, Not playing 60 minutes, Not sticking to the game plan/system, Some guys need to step up etc etc. So funny because I heard that earlier today from hmmmm!

This funk we are in is like the flu we need get over it like the Penguins did a few weeks ago, the Kings have the flu like we do. So tonight's game will be a win - LGR!

Archived