• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

The Brendan Smith Situation

The Dude

I'm not. I already said I agree with you in this case. I also don't doubt that a reporter/beat writer or whoever is telling the truth to the best of their knowledge, but I don't believe that they're told everything, unequivocally.

I didn't hear the report, but wasn't it said that it was Smith himself that told Maloney? I asked above if anyone knows if he's been practicing every day, do we know that? If he is, I'd say a major injury, medical issue, or whatever else would be suspect. No?

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I didn't hear the report, but wasn't it said that it was Smith himself that told Maloney? I asked above if anyone knows if he's been practicing every day, do we know that? If he is, I'd say a major injury, medical issue, or whatever else would be suspect. No?

Yea he said that he was out of shape and yes he's been practicing as the 7D. So no, in this case it's likely that there's no injury.

I think it's time....

No one decked anyone in front of Hank in that Chicago game. Anisimov looked like the image of Wayne Gretzky last night.

I think it's time to go to the bullpen and get our man back in there. The point has been made!

...if no response from him this time, THEN it's off to Siberia!

What do you guys think? I've kinda seen enough of players left standing in front of Hank, banging at every rebound without anyone knocking them down or paying the price!

Last night v. CHI we lacked the ?grit and sandpaper? Smith brings. The NHL game has gone from goon to skill with little in between. A good body check would straighten things out every once in a while. Who throws body checks on NYR with any regularity? Think about that for a minute. Smith may not bang on every shift but he certainly brings a physical game and one that?s quite lacking on this squad.

Tonight is the night of the unveiling of the new improved Brendan Smith. He's tanned, rested and ready. In all seriousness, I hope he doesn't make a lot of mistakes and run out of position from trying to hard.

I thought the Rangers would've waited for a loss to bring him back. Lets hope he's ready to roll.

He looked pretty decent again last night over Ottawa. I think that check in the third period was totally a bad call. I couldn't hear the commentary in the bar, but that did not look like a 5 min major!! As a matter of fact the Ottawa player looked like he was jostling with Smith first before he took the worst of that!

He looked ok to me last night....even knocked a few guys down in front! I think we need that physical presence....even more in my opinion would be good for us!

He looked pretty decent again last night over Ottawa. I think that check in the third period was totally a bad call. I couldn't hear the commentary in the bar, but that did not look like a 5 min major!! As a matter of fact the Ottawa player looked like he was jostling with Smith first before he took the worst of that!

He looked ok to me last night....even knocked a few guys down in front! I think we need that physical presence....even more in my opinion would be good for us!

I think a two minute interference would've been a good call. Or at least not an awful call. I do think it's two players going for eachother and one getting the better of the other but I could see why a ref would make an interference call there. 5 minutes and a game was harsh though

Archived