• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2016-17 ECF | Pittsburgh Penguins (M2) v. Ottawa Senators (A2)

Phil

Who wins?  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Penguins in 4
    • Penguins in 5
    • Penguins in 6
    • Penguins in 7
    • Senators in 4
    • Senators in 5
    • Senators in 6
    • Senators in 7

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On to Pittsburgh - where the Pens haven't fared well in game 7's - for the showdown game. The difference maker last nite was in goal. The Sens, ala the Preds, are confounding the " experts " - the people that gave them nary a chance - by moving right along. It's been exciting NHL play-offs so far. The only down side, to me, is the inconsistent officiating.

On to Pittsburgh - where the Pens haven't fared well in game 7's - for the showdown game. The difference maker last nite was in goal. The Sens, ala the Preds, are confounding the " experts " - the people that gave them nary a chance - by moving right along. It's been exciting NHL play-offs so far. The only down side, to me, is the inconsistent officiating.

Anderson was amazing last night

Yea, Brassards goal cost us the series. Not Karlsson's goal from the zamboni. Not giving up 2 goal leads 3 times in 1 game. Not giving up leads very late in games. It was Brassards goal that determined it.

#MakeBSBHGreatAgain

I mean I get that.. But nobody knows if we win Game 1 if they don't score from the corner.. But I get your point. Just frustrating that the luckiest goal I have ever witnessed happened against us, with 1 minute left, in the most important game of the Playoffs. Sucks.

But hey, the Sens are 35 minutes away from reaching the Cup.. People thought we would have been rolled by the Pens if we made it. I didn't see it. Sucks we aren't playing right now, but at least we didn't lose to a "terrible team", since we obviously all thought the Rangers underachieved. Even if the Sens don't win this, they just pushed the Pens to 7 games. That's legit.

I wouldn't root for anyone who eliminated the Rangers. And as much as I can't stand Pittsburgh, I'll be rooting for them simply because Ottawa plays such boring fucking hockey.

What a snoozefest.

I'd like to think it took at least a cup finalist if not a champion team to beat us, so I'm rooting for the Sens,

aside from that, anything that perpetuates the notion of a Penguin dynasty ... vom.

and yep, guess I'm sick of the Pens so, I'd prefer to see the Sens tip the Pens applecart, as they sure did ours.

Archived