• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Thanksgiving Plans/Dinners

Fuhgeddaboudit

Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday and I get to spend it just how I like it. Home, short guest list, football and turkey. This is only the 2nd time in 8 years that we're spending turkey day at home. The last time we had it here, my mother-in-law tried to cook a 12lb turkey in a 10lb pan so my favorite day of the year was spent on my front lawn while the fire department was in my house with industrial sized fans.

We host my Brother's family who are a combination of vegetarians and a vegan (my bro) and we have a friend coming as well. Mix of traditional stuff and some vegi/vegan food. Turkey, Stuffing, Mashed, Gravy, Yams, apple and pumpkin pies, along with Tofurkey and we're going to put together a dish we got out of the Master Chef Ultimate Cook Book that's vegan called Corn Fregola Salad.

We host my Brother's family who are a combination of vegetarians and a vegan (my bro) and we have a friend coming as well. Mix of traditional stuff and some vegi/vegan food. Turkey, Stuffing, Mashed, Gravy, Yams, apple and pumpkin pies, along with Tofurkey and we're going to put together a dish we got out of the Master Chef Ultimate Cook Book that's vegan called Corn Fregola Salad.

LOL My bro used to be vegan as well so I'm very familiar with Tofurkey and the stuffing that's hidden inside. It's aiight nothing too bad. In all honesty it's the one day of the year that I feel like I should be eating vegan. I like to give thanks mostly to all those poor turkeys we slaughter. What better way to give thanks than by not eating them?

I saw this article the other day about vegan thanksgiving recipes

http://www.buzzfeed.com/expresident/41-delicious-vegan-thanksgiving-recipes

As for me, Hosting it at my house, all traditional, with the addition of East Utica Greens

I like thanksgiving. Enough with the negative comments about thanksgiving. Who cares about the turkeys, come Thursday?

It deserves to be talked about. I'm all for eating turkey dude but don't pretend like it's not a life. What exactly do you mean when you say who cares about them come Thursday? Seems completely ignorant and disrespectful to me.

Probably going to be hungover from Thanksgiving Eve, haha. But seriously, looking like the usual. Having about 20 or so relatives over for the day. Turkey, football, etc. Should be a good day. A few of us are considering doing the Jets-Patriots game. We went 2 years ago when they hosted the Bengals, and it was awesome. But, as I've said before, I take a tailgate bus to Jets game from a local bar. That bar does every game. But, Turkey Day this year, they couldn't get enough people to make the trip due to family plans, which is obviously understandable. So, the bus won't be going to the game. I'm looking for alternate ways to go, while avoiding driving since drinking will likely be involved. We'll see, I guess. So, all in all, no different than anyone elses. Family, turkey and some good times.

My wife has to work 1/2 a day so im going with my parents to my aunt's house in Melville' date=' then my wife is picking me up then we are heading further East to Mattituck to her aunt's house. gonna be a long f'n day especially since I have to work Friday A.M.[/quote']

whereabouts in melville if you dont mind me asking

Working either the parade or my usual 3:30x12 tour. The Parade would be fun and is my preference, but I'd probably have to be at my post by like 5am, which would suck since I am working 3:30pm to 12am on Wednesday

I have never worked the parade, but I hear its an easy gig because its over early, usually the detail is out by like 1300. The worst parade is the St Pats Day parade because it is the longest parade. The detail starts at like 0600 or 0700, and isnt over until around 1700 or 1800. I worked it once and its just a long day. They usually dont make the recruits work the parade though, mainly because you dont have your guns or vests yet. Like I said, they gave us the night off at the last minute when I was in there. Also, I just heard you arent the bottom of the totem poll for that long, I heard there is a new class going in in January.

Archived