• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Thanksgiving Plans/Dinners

Fuhgeddaboudit

I have never worked the parade, but I hear its an easy gig because its over early, usually the detail is out by like 1300. The worst parade is the St Pats Day parade because it is the longest parade. The detail starts at like 0600 or 0700, and isnt over until around 1700 or 1800. I worked it once and its just a long day. They usually dont make the recruits work the parade though, mainly because you dont have your guns or vests yet. Like I said, they gave us the night off at the last minute when I was in there. Also, I just heard you arent the bottom of the totem poll for that long, I heard there is a new class going in in January.

We have vests, so according to a lot o guys in the building, they're recruit happy lol. They'd rher use us bc our py is so much lower lol

We have vests, so according to a lot o guys in the building, they're recruit happy lol. They'd rher use us bc our py is so much lower lol

This detail doesnt matter because its not an overtime detail anymore. They usually use the day tour guys for this parade on straight time. very few are on overtime. Usually the older guys like this because its such an easy day and they get out early. They rarely use recruits because your more of a liability than anything else because your not "fully" trained, and if something happens to you or someone else you should be helping and your not trained to do it, thats a nice lawsuit against the city. They only use recruits outside of the Academy for major things. When I was in, I had to work the MTA strike in 2002, and then we worked New Years Eve, with no gun or vest, and had to be back the next morning at 0700, after getting out at 0230, that wasnt fun.

This detail doesnt matter because its not an overtime detail anymore. They usually use the day tour guys for this parade on straight time. very few are on overtime. Usually the older guys like this because its such an easy day and they get out early. They rarely use recruits because your more of a liability than anything else because your not "fully" trained, and if something happens to you or someone else you should be helping and your not trained to do it, thats a nice lawsuit against the city. They only use recruits outside of the Academy for major things. When I was in, I had to work the MTA strike in 2002, and then we worked New Years Eve, with no gun or vest, and had to be back the next morning at 0700, after getting out at 0230, that wasnt fun.

That was like when we were utilized for election detail. We reported at 1200, finished tour around 0230 the next morning and my company had cobra training the next day at 0600 lol. I would imagine it'll be similar if we work the parade detail.

Archived