• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

US Passport

Phil

I think you can get some sort of special notarized copy.

And you'll need it when they stop the plane in the air over Nebraska to stamp your "Going West" papers before they let you go further. If you don't have them, they give you a parachute and a dropkick.

You can get a birth cert with three pieces of photo ID and SS#.

That's just not true.

Ordering all certificates

Anyone applying for a certified copy of a NYC certificate must submit the following information. If you are submitting an application in-person, you must bring the original identification or documents. For those applying by mail, please make sure to send copies of the identification or documents.

ONE copy of valid, unexpired photo identification (ID) with signature:

Driver's License or

Employee ID with most recent pay stub or

Government ID or

Social Services ID or

U.S. or Foreign Passport or

Student ID and transcript from accredited and verifiable institution

OR TWO different documents, dated within the past 60 days, showing your name and address (online utility or telephone bills can be downloaded from your provider):

Utility bill and/or

Telephone bill and/or

Letter(s) from a City, State, or Federal government agency

All you need is a photo ID to get yours or your childs certified copy. You can do it online... hardly a pain in the ass.

NYC gov takes you to this site to order:

http://www.vitalchek.com/birth-certificates/new-york/new-york-city-dept-of-health-and-mental-hygiene?click_id=855121413039652866

Birth Certificate

A certified copy of a birth certificate that can typically be used for travel, passport, proof of citizenship, social security, driver's license, school registration, personal identification and other legal purposes. Birth Certificates are available for events that occurred in New York City from 1910 to present.

That's just not true.

All you need is a photo ID to get yours or your childs certified copy. You can do it online... hardly a pain in the ass.

NYC gov takes you to this site to order:

http://www.vitalchek.com/birth-certificates/new-york/new-york-city-dept-of-health-and-mental-hygiene?click_id=855121413039652866

Well, when numbers of my dept ( no not the city one, my other job) they have to produce a birth cert for certain positions. The State DOH ( which we are associated with) tell us that the recruit must have three pieces of photo ID and SS# to get the birth cert. if is any different in the last year since I was the cheif of dept then it has change. Don't lat call something untrue and make sound lie I'm lieing. Thank you.

I'm not calling you a liar, I'm simply stating that the info is not true. That info is straight from the official DOH and Department of Vital Statistics websites. If you disagree with what's stated on their sites then I don't know what to tell ya, man. You can check 'em out yourself.

I'm not calling you a liar, I'm simply stating that the info is not true. That info is straight from the official DOH and Department of Vital Statistics websites. If you disagree with what's stated on their sites then I don't know what to tell ya, man. You can check 'em out yourself.

I know, I saw it. I just ask the DOH rep sitting in the next room. The proof of person changed this year.

Have fun flying Phil!

I usually fly at least twice a month.

Just flew from Alaska to Chicago last week.

It's ALL about proper connections, etc. If any layovers in airports, there are so many maps, applications, etc for smart phones now that make it easy.

And the ability of each Airline to send you updates and texts on any changes in gates, etc.

Archived