• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

The Insomniac Thread

Shane Falco

Wish I could sleep. I think it is because I leave for school next week and I want to savor the rest of summer.

I know the feeling. I tend to do that when the day itself feels too short. Although by doing so I shorten the following day so it really doesn't accomplish much does it :D ?

Watching 24 right now. It's a really good show.

I never got into that show despite it's popularity. By the time I considered it, it was like 2 seasons in. Didn't bother.

I know the feeling. I tend to do that when the day itself feels too short. Although by doing so I shorten the following day so it really doesn't accomplish much does it :D ?

I never got into that show despite it's popularity. By the time I considered it, it was like 2 seasons in. Didn't bother.

Never too late to start watching it. I was four when the first season aired, I never watched it while it ran just because I never watched it from the start and it didn't seem interesting to me until now. I'm also 15 now and the show aired from when I was 4 to 13. Not exactly great ages to be able to watch and comprehend the show.

Most people aren't. They're self-diagnosed because they have trouble falling asleep.

:word:

I didn't make this thread with the intentions of it being taken seriously. Was just up late and bored.

Ever since I got my new mattress, I've slept like a baby once I hit the sheets.

What kind of mattress is it? I am due for a new one very soon.

:word:

I didn't make this thread with the intentions of it being taken seriously. Was just up late and bored.

All good. I have trouble falling asleep myself. Usually get to bed around 2AM, even if I try closer to midnight or even earlier. I'll just toss and turn for hours.

All good. I have trouble falling asleep myself. Usually get to bed around 2AM, even if I try closer to midnight or even earlier. I'll just toss and turn for hours.

Had this problem for years. What I've found that works for me is to read a book with insufficient light. Can usually fall asleep within 15-30 minutes that way.

I have cyclical insomnia... if that's an actual thing.

I'll have weeks/months in a row where I sleep anywhere from 1 - 3 hours in a night, max. Then I'll be fine for some time. Then back on the cycle.

I got nothing for cause or what helps sleeping. The worst part is being frustrated about knowing you need sleep and thinking you'll never get it.

That is usually my problem. It tends to happen most if I'm overstimulated before going to bed. I found the only thing that works is getting a good workout in and giving myself at least an hour of "down time" before bed. Usually reading a book, anything calming of that nature helps a lot. Anything to do with looking at a screen will keep me up.

Had this problem for years. What I've found that works for me is to read a book with insufficient light. Can usually fall asleep within 15-30 minutes that way.

That's interesting. Is it a way of wearing your eyes out?

That is usually my problem. It tends to happen most if I'm overstimulated before going to bed. I found the only thing that works is getting a good workout in and giving myself at least an hour of "down time" before bed. Usually reading a book, anything calming of that nature helps a lot. Anything to do with looking at a screen will keep me up.

That's interesting. Is it a way of wearing your eyes out?

Pretty much. You are always supposed to be reading, watching tv, etc with sufficient light. It will strain your eyes a bit, and for some, it makes them tired very quickly.

I find a very slow and boring book to be the best. But my boredom kicks in and I watch tv.

When I can't sleep, I always put on shows I'm not interested in watching (Family Guy) or movies I've seen a hundred times (Happy Gilmore and Zombieland, right now)

Can't believe I didn't see this. YES YES! It works. Every time I read a book like this I pass the fuck out, even when I'm reading Game of Thrones.

Pretty much. You are always supposed to be reading, watching tv, etc with sufficient light. It will strain your eyes a bit, and for some, it makes them tired very quickly.

I find a very slow and boring book to be the best. But my boredom kicks in and I watch tv.

When I can't sleep, I always put on shows I'm not interested in watching (Family Guy) or movies I've seen a hundred times (Happy Gilmore and Zombieland, right now)

That pretty much describes the sole reason I turn on the tube late at night. I don't normally watch tv late unless I'm really bored. When it comes to trying to sleep though it's counter productive because it tends to keep me awake. I have to be flat out exhausted to pass out with the TV on. I'm one of those people that needs complete darkness to be able to pass out.

I sleep 1-3 hours a night usually,I think I work better on less sleep and some nights is pointless to even try to go to sleep,then once a week I'll catch up and sleep 12 hrs

Cycle.cycle cycle

It's physically impossible to "catch up" on sleep.

I can't fall asleep without the TV on.

I'm the exact same way. My wife hated me for it at first and now she can't fall asleep without it on as well lol

Archived