• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Game of Thrones (TV Show Discussion Only) *DO NOT POST SPOILERS*

Phil

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am torn... and need advice. My mom bought me a set with the first 4 books of GoT as a gift this week. Should I try to catch up with the show or should I continue to just watch and than read Clash of Kings afterwards?

I was thinking of doing that but I figured it would get difficult if like the part you read up to is the middle of an episode. So I just read like large chunks at a time and finished it in 3 weeks. Just have 2 more episodes of season 1 to watch and I'm set for Sunday (but really Monday since I'll have to wait for it to hit HBO Go)

I am torn... and need advice. My mom bought me a set with the first 4 books of GoT as a gift this week. Should I try to catch up with the show or should I continue to just watch and than read Clash of Kings afterwards?

Depends on how fast do you read.

If someone ever gave me a set of books for a gift I would piss on their front door. Even if it was my mother and it was my own front door!

I know, right? Books... they just be so wordy, eh Kanye?

Harris: Proud Non-Reader of Books

are they splitting Storm of Swords into 2 seasons?

I doubt it. Why would they?

Structure seems simple enough to me:

Season 1: A Game of Thrones

Season 2: A Clash of Kings

Season 3: A Storm of Swords

Season 4: A Feast For Crows/A Dance With Dragons

--

Season 5: The Winds of Winter

Season 6: A Dream of Spring

Then do an extra long season and split it on HBO into two parts. There's no need to have the entire book split between full seasons.

Well I always remember the authors of the TV-script saying that 10 episodes aren't enough for SoS and they are fucking right.

They didn't really know how to tackle the problem back then though.

@Jules

Blue really fits the clich?s we Euros have of Americans, doesn't he? :D

That we are all dumb rednecking type people? lol

Well I'm no redneck and I am more educated than 91% of the population according to the census bureau. ;)

Or what else? We don't appreciate the arts? We aren't cultured? We have no manners? We think America is the center of the universe? None of this applies to me. Well, at least not in real life. lol

I just hate reading. And I don't understand why people who LOVE reading think they are somehow better than me because of it. :)