• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Game of Thrones (TV Show Discussion Only) *DO NOT POST SPOILERS*

Phil

Guessing from the hint from her favorite Maester:

She will burn it all. Mad King style, or at least try. (maybe just the sept)

She certainly got backstabbed hard by her son, wonder if he realised that he gave away the justice department to the church.

Yeah that's what I'm thinking, too.

I think, more specifically, she'll try to burn the Sept.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah that's what I'm thinking, too.

I think, more specifically, she'll try to burn the Sept.

People are focusing on the prophecy she received as a kid, (which she is trying hard to fullfill by trying to prevent it from happening), so by that theory she will do something horrible, which will in turn get her killed by a different person than she would expect.

Jaime, instead of Tyrion

And she doesn't seem the type to run. She'd choose violence.

She's found guilty, sentenced to 100,000,000 Hail Marys. The Faith Militant backed by the King's Guard are coming forward to seize her. The Mountain steps in front of her, but even he isn't going to stop her imprisonment. Qyburn, pulls her towards a hidden passageway and says something like, "you can't help Tommen from the Dungeons of the Red Keep".

She's found guilty, sentenced to 100,000,000 Hail Marys. The Faith Militant backed by the King's Guard are coming forward to seize her. The Mountain steps in front of her, but even he isn't going to stop her imprisonment. Qyburn, pulls her towards a hidden passageway and says something like, "you can't help Tommen from the Dungeons of the Red Keep".

i was hoping she'd get a spanking from margarery as pennance

Anyone else kinda disappointed with the payoff in the Arya storyline. All the hints and clues that not everything was as it seemed was just the show forgetting Arya's traits? Kinda disappointing on a few levels. Also the chase scene was pretty cliche, and I guess that soup must have magical powers to heal some abdomen stab wounds overnight enough to do some heavy running and jumping and falling. The whole sequence there just seemed so lazy.

Anyone else kinda disappointed with the payoff in the Arya storyline. All the hints and clues that not everything was as it seemed was just the show forgetting Arya's traits? Kinda disappointing on a few levels. Also the chase scene was pretty cliche, and I guess that soup must have magical powers to heal some abdomen stab wounds overnight enough to do some heavy running and jumping and falling. The whole sequence there just seemed so lazy.

Not sure I agree with all of this. The hints and clues I saw indicated that this was exactly how her arch would progress. She wasn't trying to become a Faceless Man to forget her past and become a servant of the Many Faced God. She was there to train so she could complete her kill list. The chase scene was cliche, I'll give you that, with the Waif pausing for dramatic effect a few times. Arya using the darkness to her advantage was kind of expected, but also proper in my opinion. It was the only advantage she had. As to her being able to run/jump/fall with the abdomen wound, if she was hit in any vital organs she'd have bled out within an hour, so you have to assume that these were somewhat superficial wounds. Most of the training we saw Arya go through was her getting up after getting her ass kicked. So that part didn't bother me either.

Jaqen letting her go? That's the one area I'm not sure about. Perhaps someone on her list is on someone elses' list as well, so Jaqen sees letting her go as a way to serve the Many Faced God. I don't really like the "grudging respect" thing. "No One" wouldn't be swayed by something like respect. Unless he's really Syrio Forel.

To clarify I was talking about the last weeks episode where Arya does things with her right hand, demands a room on a ship with lots of money she somehow obtained, walks around wistfully and care-free and apparently happy for the first time...ever?, talks to strangers, etc. None of that is really in line with who Arya is. The whole thing was just odd enough to make you think it wasn't really her, but apparently not.

To clarify I was talking about the last weeks episode where Arya does things with her right hand, demands a room on a ship with lots of money she somehow obtained, walks around wistfully and care-free and apparently happy for the first time...ever?, talks to strangers, etc. None of that is really in line with who Arya is. The whole thing was just odd enough to make you think it wasn't really her, but apparently not.

Got you. I don't give too much credence to those "right hand" theories. I'm right handed, but use my left hand for plenty of stuff. I hold my phone almost exclusively in my left hand, for instance. So tossing the sack of coins on the table with her "weak" hand is something I would do myself. Taking the sack with her right hand made sense because of the side of the table she was on. As far as where she grabs her wounds, she's kind of fallen down on her left side, so she was using that arm to sort of prop herself up.

As to her demeanor, she is happy for the first time in a long time. The deaths of her family have had time to fade some and she's very much accomplished what she set out to do by going to Braavos. Plus she was miserable being trained and didn't like the idea of being an assassin, so having that behind her has to be a relief. Maybe that's why she let her guard down. She doesn't know that the Waif is out to kill her at this point, does she?

I think she does know based on the prior episode where she goes to sleep huddled in a dark corner clutching Needle. Kinda odd to go from justifiably paranoid to care-free with nothing happening in-between that shouldve significantly changed her mindset.

Ah yeah. That's fair. One of the big difficulties Game of Thrones often suffers with is the passage of time. We never know whether an hour, day, week or month has passed from one scene to the next. Someone sets sail and then a cut scene later they're arriving at the far side of the map.

If she's clutching needle and then meandering the city without a care in the world a day later, that's poor writing. If weeks were supposed to pass, that's a different story.

I know I defender her in the past, but screw Sansa.

You don't get to rant at Jon, if you hide vital Information from him, maybe that was even the Plan. Sacrifice Jon and his men to lure out Ramsay so Littlefinger can slaughter him.

Of courses series also had to make Jon look stupid once again.

Yea when that battle scene began I was screaming at snow for being stupid. Thought the way the battle was shot was amazing even though that pile of bodies was kind of over the top.

Besides that I thought it was an amazing episode. Watching the dragons and Daeny be bad ass was cool.

The mountain of bodies was so silly, like all fighters decided to die on that exact spot.

Plus Jon and his Army just standing there watching, while they are getting surrounded and don't have an idea like arming the Giant. He might be able to fight better.

Knowing Jon (and watching the trailer) he propably won't even say one angry word to Sansa about all this.

The fighting itself was filmed amazingly and got claustrophobic at times. Great camera work.

I don't really think you can blame Sansa. She can't even have a guarantee that the Vale would show up? What use is it to tell Jon that the Vale is coming and then potentially not have them show up? Maybe telling Jon in the first place would have accomplished something, but Sansa isn't stupid. If she thinks witholding information is necessary then she probably has some reason for it.

Jon also wasn't being portrayed as stupid. He acted irrationally, but that was the point. To show that despite all of the planning his loyalty to his family, seeing his brother having to run while being shot at with arrows, he instictually went to save his brother and paid the price of falling into Ramsay's trap. If anything it shows how smart Ramsay is and not how stupid Jon is.

It also shows that Sansa was right in telling Jon not to do what Ramsay would want him to do. There was no "plan." Sansa isn't a tactician. What ended up happening was only half of what she wanted. The Knights of the Vale came, but had to bail Jon and Co. out of situation that Sansa warned of. It likely wasn't avoidable. Jon wasn't going to just sit there staring while his brother gets shot at with arrows.