• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Game of Thrones (TV Show Discussion Only) *DO NOT POST SPOILERS*

Phil

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://gothamist.com/2012/12/17/got_beer_hboommegang_releasing_iron.php

Winter lager is coming! Though the people of Westeros are more wine drinkers—however improbable good wine is in a fictional land with inconsistant seasons—they do also enjoy a good brew. So of course HBO has teamed up with a brewery to have some special Game of Thrones-themed beers just in time for the show's third season premiere in March.

Yup, come spring New York's Brewery Ommegang, whose logo is already quite Lannister-friendly, will be selling "Iron Throne Blonde Ale"—get it? 'Cause right now the very blonde Joffery sits atop the Iron Throne? Eh?—so that you can be fully stocked up when HBO begins airing the fantasy show's third season March 31. And that's not all, after the first one, three more beers are planned with the sequel coming in the fall and the others with future seasons.

:rofl:

I don't see how it really degrades in quality like you say. It's kept in the dark most of the transport, right? Any good beer has bottles that let in less than 2% light if I remember correctly. I guess it depends mostly on the packaging, but again, how much light could a beer really see from the brewery to its destination?

• 3 weeks later...

Archived