• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

The Walking Dead

Phil

you have the 4th most posts in the thread.

And you didn't start hating the show until mid-season this year, like the rest of the hipsters who started hating the show because it became too popular.

If you made it through the Sophia search and the boring days on the farm, I fail to believe the last 3 episodes completely changed your mind about this series.

• Like 1

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For me to hate a show, they would have to drastically change its fundamentals; flow, characters, theme, etc. Walking Dead has always been this way - slow at times to allow character development. You can't fast forward that IMO. Factor in that their daily lives and habits are as crucial to the story as the major events that have and continue to happen.

The only show that I fell out with, that I was genuinely interested in, was House. It just progressed after a while in a different way.

you have the 4th most posts in the thread.

And you didn't start hating the show until mid-season this year, like the rest of the hipsters who started hating the show because it became too popular.

If you made it through the Sophia search and the boring days on the farm, I fail to believe the last 3 episodes completely changed your mind about this series.

Do I really? That's interesting, didn't think I came in here that often.

I think that ''filler'' episode the night of the Oscars really bored me to death and I understand with ratings, they're not going to put an important episode up on that night since most people were probably watching the Oscars. And now we're 4 seasons in and we're getting a back story of some characters, including Daryl.

For me to hate a show, they would have to drastically change its fundamentals; flow, characters, theme, etc. Walking Dead has always been this way - slow at times to allow character development. You can't fast forward that IMO. Factor in that their daily lives and habits are as crucial to the story as the major events that have and continue to happen.

The only show that I fell out with, that I was genuinely interested in, was House. It just progressed after a while in a different way.

Lmao house was great for about 5 episodes then you realize every episode is going to be the same miracle diagnosis crap.

Heroes was another one.. Fantastic first season.. Couldn't watch the second season.

Lmao house was great for about 5 episodes then you realize every episode is going to be the same miracle diagnosis crap.

Heroes was another one.. Fantastic first season.. Couldn't watch the second season.

Holy shit. House. I liked this show until I watched it high out of my mind one time. I realized how fucking stupid it is. It's the same damn thing every episode and totally unbelievable.

I took House for what it was — A medical procedural that solved its plot by the end of an episode. Sure there were some arcs and extended plots, but I understood that was the theme of the show. I hated the med students, both sets. That's what turned me off, as stupid as it may seem. They were annoying, stupid, whiney, and predictable. I think Cameron, Chase, and Foreman were much better.

I thought that was the best episode this season, and I actually have been hating on Walking Dead for the past 2 seasons.

Does anyone think Bob might be immune or something?

No, but that is a very interesting idea.

Would explain why he outlasted groups by himself (others were in larger groups but still had other survivors).

He did get "bit" on his "bandage". The flu arrived at the jail shortly after he did, and he wasn't effected by it.

I was kind of surprised they didn't really reveal anything about Bob. They featured him in the opening, just showing the lead-up to when Daryl and Glenn find him. But we already knew that. Unless, he isn't who he is saying he is. There was almost a hesitation when he said his name to them.

I was kind of surprised they didn't really reveal anything about Bob. They featured him in the opening, just showing the lead-up to when Daryl and Glenn find him. But we already knew that. Unless, he isn't who he is saying he is. There was almost a hesitation when he said his name to them.

Yep, it's interesting. Ever since his drinking shit in episode 1?, I really want to see where it goes with him.

I doubt it. That episode revealed that he was alone, several times. He was happy to be with anyone. He didn't care if they killed him, tortured him, etc. He was lonely and just wanted anyone (which is also a common trait when discussing alcoholism).

We saw his struggles with booze in season 4 premier.

I thought he was a creepy dude and thought he might be lying (based on comic books... but this character is written differently) but as the story progresses, you see that he was just a sad lonely soul missing human contact. He was depressed for several reasons, and living with this group has allowed him to break out of his funk, a little. We are seeing him regain confidence and his mojo, and he's losing the 'bad luck charm' mentality he came with. We saw how excited he was that Maggie and Sasha found him, and they were a small 'family' again.

So I imagine he will sacrifice himself in an episode or 2.

• Like 1

No matter what sites you may be reading about this on, this is all the product one one Reddit user, and a ton of others who came on and made this all possible. Check out the whole thread here. I can tell you some of the basics of the theory and why I think there is some truth to it.

The main point of the theory is that Bob is immune to zombie bites.

Think about it, he always says he is the last survivor in his group, and this week, he got bitten, but said it was “only on the bandage” and he was fine. If you think about it, it makes total sense. There are some people thinking his NEED of alcohol may have something to do with it. Does that affect who turns and who doesn’t. Maybe that is why he wanted the alcohol so badly. Others seem to think the alcohol was to sterilize instruments because he was actually the one doing the experimenting on the rats while they were in the prison. What if he knows (or is) the cure? Some even say his desperation to reunite with Maggie is because she has the cure too, somehow.

http://www.tvovermind.com/the-walking-dead/walking-dead-bob-theory-need-hear-231108

--

Also on the Bob note, in re-watching last weeks' episode (on now), the opening scene is of Bob meeting a reunited Glenn and Daryl. Daryl asks him how many people he'd killed, and he answers "one". When asked why, he says "because she asked me to".

Dun dun dun! Sounds like either Maggie or Sasha are done-zo this season.

http://www.tvovermind.com/the-walking-dead/walking-dead-bob-theory-need-hear-231108

--

Also on the Bob note, in re-watching last weeks' episode (on now), the opening scene is of Bob meeting a reunited Glenn and Daryl. Daryl asks him how many people he'd killed, and he answers "one". When asked why, he says "because she asked me to".

Dun dun dun! Sounds like either Maggie or Sasha are done-zo this season.

That wasn't Bob being reunited, that was him joining the prison group. The questions they asked were what they used for admittance into the group.

That wasn't Bob being reunited, that was him joining the prison group. The questions they asked were what they used for admittance into the group.

This. They were showing what happened to Bob before he joined the group. Glenn and Daryl already interacted with Bob, most notably on the run they made when Bob took the alcohol.

This. They were showing what happened to Bob before he joined the group. Glenn and Daryl already interacted with Bob, most notably on the run they made when Bob took the alcohol.

Crap. Duh. I totally forgot about that.