• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

The Walking Dead

Phil

I was iffy about the episode. I think Carl is going to play a huge role in season 5 and kind of turn into the leader, they will probably focus a lot on Carls transformation this half of the season. I don't hate carl, He annoyed me in previous seasons but I think he's acting exactly how a growing teen would during an apocalypse. If you grow up being protected and shielded from this as Rick has shielded him then you start to believe you are invincible. I'm not saying his acting is great, but...you get the point.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was iffy about the episode. I think Carl is going to play a huge role in season 5 and kind of turn into the leader, they will probably focus a lot on Carls transformation this half of the season. I don't hate carl, He annoyed me in previous seasons but I think he's acting exactly how a growing teen would during an apocalypse. If you grow up being protected and shielded from this as Rick has shielded him then you start to believe you are invincible. I'm not saying his acting is great, but...you get the point.

Yup. It's not even necessarily in the apocalypse. If you grow up protected and shielded from danger in general, when you are present around it later in life, you'll feel that same sense of invincibility, like this can't hurt me, specifically because you were never allowed a trial by fire.

You can be told and told that doing X will cause Y, but for a lot of people, the fastest way to figure out that touching fire is a bad idea is to try it... once.

i was hoping the zombie in the house would bite his leg

Sadly enough so was I. It was like a 3-on-1 developing in hockey, but the shot ultimately missing the net. I was like, "yes, yes, come ooonnnnn!!!!.....ugh"

I get that he's supposed to be a teenager who thinks he's a bad ass a little too early. That doesn't make it any less obnoxious.

Also, they made a point in the beginning of the episode of showing Rick limping after Carl. I thought for sure that when Rick didn't move on the couch that's how the episode would end too. Rick limping after Carl, except as a walker.

Don't read the below spoiler if you haven't at least read the graphic novels:

Anyway, I heard an interview with Robert Kirkman on Sirius after Season 1. Some listener called in and said that he loved Rick's character, and that he better not die. Kirkman responded something to the effect of, "too bad, he'll be gone eventually." That's why I thought the episode would end that way. I haven't read the novels, but I guess this happens at some point.

Yeah they brought the Terminus thing up on Talking Dead.

This was one of the worst episodes of the series. That scene where Carol appears... That felt so fake. It was like a first year film student directed it. It was so bad that for about 2 minutes after she appeared I was convinced it had to be some kind of dream sequence. :puke:

I just noticed that this seasons poster is Rick and Carl on the train tracks. I wonder where they end up? lol

LOL.

And that's not even the trailers. I can't imagine watching the trailers for Walking Dead and finding it mildly interesting. Funny because there was a time during the 1st season when I was surprised by things.

I stopped watching half way through the FARMVILLE episodes, picked it back up when the General showed up but even that got cheesey. Been powering through since but I'm done now.

They didn't build any depth of character in the first season or half the second, they basically brought the show to a complete stop on the farm to try and establish a characteristic that brought worth to each of the main characters so people would "care" about them. But they swung and missed IMO. Then same thing where they basically stopped any and all momentum staying with the prison wayyy too long.

Until they chuck all these characters and basically start new with a group that people watching can relate too the writers are going to continue to struggle. They're relying solely on the people who were fans of the comics tuning in regardless of content.

This is my farewell to the show ... I'm just bored to tears at least 4 out of every 5 episodes.

I stopped watching half way through the FARMVILLE episodes, picked it back up when the General showed up but even that got cheesey. Been powering through since but I'm done now.

They didn't build any depth of character in the first season or half the second, they basically brought the show to a complete stop on the farm to try and establish a characteristic that brought worth to each of the main characters so people would "care" about them. But they swung and missed IMO. Then same thing where they basically stopped any and all momentum staying with the prison wayyy too long.

Until they chuck all these characters and basically start new with a group that people watching can relate too the writers are going to continue to struggle. They're relying solely on the people who were fans of the comics tuning in regardless of content.

This is my farewell to the show ... I'm just bored to tears at least 4 out of every 5 episodes.

I have to disagree with you here. I know a few people that were fans of the comics and want nothing to do with this show. 2 of them were in during the first season then gave up during the 2nd. The other one didn't like it from the beginning.

I think it's more of people who have poor taste that are still OMGOMG over Walking Dead. A lot of girls. I see people post about it on Facebook.. like shit.. is this the first time you've ventured away from the single digit channels? lol. Then there's the teenage audience I'm sure.

I didn't mind 1 group stumbling into another. That was Michone finding Rick and Carl. I give the writers the benefit of the doubt here. But now they're all just hot on each other's trails? Shit I mean they're making a mockery of the idea of "tracking" and how awesome of a character Darryl was. You'd think they could figure out a better way to unite some of the group in time. 1 group should have been eaten alive this past episode for sure.

Probably the most annoying thing I hear about the show.... you do realize its a zombie show based on a comic book , right? But again, this is someone saying theres not enough character depth then refers to the General...

The way the writers presents the character depth is different than most shows. What do you not understand about someone, and I will let you know.

Now, when I go back and watch the 2nd season, I like the episodes a lot more. They are slower, but theres always something going on.

Seeing as how its the top cable tv show, that seems to be inaccurate. If anything, its the comic book fans that have the most issue with the show because it varies from the graphic novels.