• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

'Sons of Anarchy' on FX

Phil

• Replies 829
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This season has been so much better than the last one. What a difference.

What's killing me right now is the pace. The last six episodes have evolved the overall story arc of this season so rapidly it actually feels like a series finale is approaching, but it's not. At least not for another season.

Clay just killed a third founding member of the MC. Third. His hands are totally shot. He's lost all confidence with the members of his own charter including the two guys who likely kept him in power the last two seasons in Tig and Bobby. All signs point to an imminent death coming for ol' Horseface himself, but how do you kill off a MAJOR character like that and expect to have much to carry into Season 5 with?

...and don't even get me started on if Jax actually takes the reigns of the MC at the end of this season...

At this rate the end of this season is going to require a huge cliffhanger like we saw with Season 2 (with Abel being taken by the Irish).

But for the record, considering this is the second member of Opie's family that Clay has murdered (directly this time), the man I want to see take his life is not Jax, but Opie.

Yea, the show has progressed a lot this season in terms of the direction of the club. As for Clay, I think what GoT's has taught me is that any character can be killed off and the show go on.. that said, I definitely don't think Clay will be killed off until at least the last few episodes of the final season. I think, as the story is going, if anything the season finale will be something along the lines of Clay losing power/being banished or something like that, and then in 5 they find a way for him to make some sort of return.. whether it be with the MC or against it.. sort of like a Jax v Clay MC fued.. I don't know.

Also, I really thought Piney was going to reveal the letters to Jax when Jax visited him at the cabin... I don't know WHY he didn't.. that was the perfect opportunity.

Yea, the show has progressed a lot this season in terms of the direction of the club. As for Clay, I think what GoT's has taught me is that any character can be killed off and the show go on.. that said, I definitely don't think Clay will be killed off until at least the last few episodes of the final season. I think, as the story is going, if anything the season finale will be something along the lines of Clay losing power/being banished or something like that, and then in 5 they find a way for him to make some sort of return.. whether it be with the MC or against it.. sort of like a Jax v Clay MC fued.. I don't know.

Incomparable on two accounts:

1. Game of Thrones is based off a series of books, which means it wasn't HBO's decision to merc Ned Stark, but Miller's. They had no choice but to follow suit if they were going to maintain any semblance of book-to-screen integrity.

2. Ned was the main protagonist of the first book only and was killed in the very first season. He was not a lead character for four seasons the way Clay is, which means Clay's death would have much more of a reaction than Ned's did, and rightfully so. He's entrenched in the show and one of the three lead characters in the entire series with Jackson and Gemma taking the other two spots.

But as to the potential for a feud, that would only work if Clay managed to actually split the MC which I'm not sure he can accomplish at this point with Bobby calling for a vote on new leadership, Opie taking Piney's side in the vote (though Piney is dead now, obviously) and Bobby convincing Tig that Clay isn't making decisions based on the best interest of the MC, but rather himself. Then again, you might be onto something there if you do the head count. If Clay can retain Kozik, Happy and Juice that'd give him four votes to the opposing three [at the moment] (Opie, Bobby, Tig) with Jackson and Chibbs' votes still up in the air and Piney being dead.

The real factor isn't the club wanting new leadership though, IMO — it's in who that leadership comes through. If you noticed last night, when Bobby called for the vote, it was also as a means to pass the gavel to him, which might have actually lost him the vote. The moment that vote goes to passing it to Jackson or Opie and you've got a whole new ball game, IMO.

Also, I really thought Piney was going to reveal the letters to Jax when Jax visited him at the cabin... I don't know WHY he didn't.. that was the perfect opportunity.

He was still counting on the leverage of not needing to play the bad guy at that point, IMO, in hoping Clay would actually keep his word (as if that's possible) and back out of the drug deal to save his own ass.

All great points. I like this seasons pace as well. Can't lie though b/c I enjoyed last year just as much with all its twists and turns with the Irish. Maybe they stayed over there a little too long

but it definitely helped paint a better picture of the club and its members and its history (plus I missed season 1).

The club obviously at that time was closer and had a singular purpose of getting Jax's kid back, but even more so finally finishing off Jimmy.

This season is much darker, there is a lot of upheaval and confusion, members are not only losing faith in leadership but dying. We always knew Clay was

a scumbag, and really all these guys are just that, but he has sunk himself to a much lower state.

While I cannot see them killing off Clay this early on because him and Jax are the main focal points of this series, the writing has been so good that I will not assume anything just yet.

I think Phil's post just isn't clear.. because there is a difference between the votes for wanting clay in/out of office and wanting/not wanting to be muling drugs. And I think they might overlap a bit. For example: Chibbs is against drug muling... but I'm not so sure he's against Clay. But I suspect we're pretty much closing in on the point where the votes against the drug muling turn into votes against Clay.

Didn't Tig vote in favor of Clay? He said nay right before they got shotup

Yes, technically, but re-read that post. He voted nay to new leadership passing to Bobby. I'm not so sure that was necessarily a vote to leave Clay in power as much as it was simply not to give Bobby the gavel.

I think Phil's post just isn't clear.. because there is a difference between the votes for wanting clay in/out of office and wanting/not wanting to be muling drugs. And I think they might overlap a bit. For example: Chibbs is against drug muling... but I'm not so sure he's against Clay. But I suspect we're pretty much closing in on the point where the votes against the drug muling turn into votes against Clay.

The vote was on new leadership, and the gavel turning over to Bobby, flat out. It's based off Bobby's being so upset with what's happened since Clay brokered the deal with the cartel, but the actual drugs issue has yet to be voted on since the last time they did.

I get that, but the vote before they were shot up had more to do IMO with Bobby taking charge than it did with leaving Clay in power. I think that's what you were getting out of the hesitation behind all the votes after Clay's.

Clay is the whole reason they're involved with the cartel, so no move will/would be made regarding whether or not to get out until someone who didn't want them there in the first place was put into power as new charter President.

I think without the added fix that Bobby takes the gavel the vote passes to remove Clay. The fact that in order to remove him they had to take Bobby on as President is what got guys like Tig and probably Chibbs (before they got shot up) to vote nay.

Did Chibbs vote nay? I don't think he did. But yea, having Bobby as the leader probably isn't great at this point. I would think even Bobby might prefer Jax, but remember he thinks Jax is 100% on board with Clay because he doesn't know about Jax's deal with Clay to leave the club.

There's so much back-end shit going on.. if everyone just aired out their shit nobody would be in favor of Clay.

Archived