• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[Non-Forum Related] Fantasy Football

josh

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is a guy in my league, who has been complaining for weeks now that FF is no fun anymore and such.

Last week he lost to me with the lowest score of the league, still he has a solid team actually (surely better than mine on a normal day) and has Drew Brees AND Matthew Stafford on QB and now put Brees on display for a trade.

I wrote him a half-hearted offer, as I knew that he wanted a RB some weeks ago (I asked him back then) and I have none to give up. His reply was "that's not enough for a guy like Brees, but I have an offer I can't refuse anyway."

So I thought, ok I would have gone higher obviously, but seems like someone offered him the RB he wanted. Then I thought: Ok has to be our record-champion, that dude is not stacked, but very solid at RB with Adrian Peterson, Steven Jackson and Reggie Bush, but mediocre at QB with Josh Freeman and Christian Ponder.

(He has Megatron too and Jason Witten by the way and 3 other WR that produce double-digit numbers each week). So obviously I shudder at the thought of him getting Drew Brees, it's a 14-team keeper league, so: All Day, Megatron, Brees on one team for years? Talk about a downer, as if that team wasn't already ahead of everybody else by 200 Fantasy points this season.

But in the end he didn't even gave up much, the deal is Brees for Ponder + 1st Rounder..., which is the point that my alarm bells start ringing. Cause that is a deal EVERY SINGLE other GM of our league could have made, actually another GM made a similar offer with Flacco + 1st Rounder and was even willing to add to that and his first rounder will almost definitly be the better one.

I am not to pissed that I didn't get the QB, cause I never thought I had a real chance to get him, still with the unhappyness of the Seller in mind, I kinda doubt the intentions in this trade. Why would he strengthen the best team in the league, without getting a save return, if he wanted to stay in the league?

Oh it's melodrama all over. I am really tired about it right now, grown man acting like little children.

It really isn't that much for Brees, but still....in the end it WAS the highest bid at that time and while he ended negotiations with others rather quickly, it's still a legitimate trade.

Well, I learned something about some of the people I play with today and it's nothing positive.

Propably, then again Stafford > Flacco and why bother picking up Flacco, if you play Stafford anyway? Especially as to keep Flacco for next season would cost a third Round pick.

Still I am not totally satisfied with all this, but I see nothing which allows me to block this trade (me being one of three Commishs).

What pisses me off is that the owner who didn't get Brees started bitching about it and then only told me half the truth about what happened, as he kept stating that he offered 1st+Flacco, while he knew that his actual offer was just the 1st Rounder after Flacco was rejected as part of the trade.

This started a flame war and left me wondering whether there would have been even a comment on this trade had it not been made with our reigning league champion. (That guy won three in a row and isn't very popular with many of the others....)

Bottom line is, that we propably lose an owner now and are annoyed all together lol.

Mathias Kiwanuka 18 Points as a DL :), those score in the 6-12 are in our league normally.

On the previous topic: I should stop being a commish lol, now I have to handle the whining of the guy, who thought he got Brees through that trade. Why me? We have 2 other commishs...., meh I know why. Fellow Vikings-Fan, propably how he learned to complain. :D:D

up 21 with Peterson and Keller left and the other guy has Rodgers and Packers D will be tough, but I desperately need this win to remain in the playoff race.

Other league im up 36 going against just Peterson. Need this win to be 5-5 and a game out of the 6th spot.

Sucks I gotta root for and against AP, I need a BIG day from Keller!

Archived