• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[Non-Forum Related] Fantasy Football

josh

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What do they complain about? never really had a complaint as a commish and I'd like to know

Rules?

Discussions about rules are rare now, we are around as a league since 2006 after all, but even back then they never were that bad.

Last season we had the big bitching about players cheating with a trade. I think it was Brees for Ponder and a 1st Round Pick in November.

That wasn't the first trade someone bitched about and won't be the last I fear.

That actually led to us introducing a ban on open complaining about trades. lol (We still allow them to send us a message, if they have doubts about a trade though, of course that hasn't happen at all.)

This time we had to replace two players and had 3 people that wanted in, one being the wife of another player. We decided to award the two teams to the other applicants and next I know is that I have to read a 1.000 word letter full of bitching, whining and accusations of unfairness.

Just learned that they already did this in other leagues too, which just meand: We (I) made the right decision, chosing someone else.

Sometimes I think it would be easier to manage 20 kindergardeners that 11 grown ups. lol

Discussions about rules are rare now, we are around as a league since 2006 after all, but even back then they never were that bad.

Last season we had the big bitching about players cheating with a trade. I think it was Brees for Ponder and a 1st Round Pick in November.

That wasn't the first trade someone bitched about and won't be the last I fear.

That actually led to us introducing a ban on open complaining about trades. lol (We still allow them to send us a message, if they have doubts about a trade though, of course that hasn't happen at all.)

This time we had to replace two players and had 3 people that wanted in, one being the wife of another player. We decided to award the two teams to the other applicants and next I know is that I have to read a 1.000 word letter full of bitching, whining and accusations of unfairness.

Just learned that they already did this in other leagues too, which just meand: We (I) made the right decision, chosing someone else.

Sometimes I think it would be easier to manage 20 kindergardeners that 11 grown ups. lol

Do you guys know each other IRL? When you do problems are usually avoided

Some do, most do not. I played on a Baseball team with two of the guys, that didn't prevent one of them being a dick last year.

In the end you can count on the league board being dead between February and June, ok off-season, then there will be one or two guys not replying when we ask for payment and at some point during pre-season there will be some sort of minor clashing, mostly about the date for the draft and then there will be one bigger explosion at a random point during the season.

We finally managed to avoid the draft tensions this year and now we get the mentioned shit. lol

• 4 weeks later...

We had our draft today. Ended up like this:

QB Tony Romo - Christian Ponder

RB Matt Forte, Reggie Bush, Stevan Ridley

WR Marques Colston, Percy Harvin, Jon Baldwin, Nate Burleson, Laurent Robinson

TE Aaron Hernandez, Kellen Winslow

K Matt Prater

We have IDP Defense, but I don't want to bore you :D

Let's say I was happy to get Sean Weatherspon in Round 10 and Troy Polamalu even later.

14, Keeper League. None of them is out there anymore.

Didn't target them though, as I settle for Romo as a solid and cheap Keeper for now, while I try re-vamp my RB and WR, which is much more difficult than getting a QB.

Most 2nd rate and Rookie RBs go in the first Round, as not many of them are avaiable.

Looking at the lineup... I can't tell which players you would take in any of the first 5 rounds. Did you trade away draft picks or something?

Matt Forte? Was one of the best Fantasy RBs in our league last year until he mist the last 4 games. Harvin & Colston were 8th and 9th at WR, Romo 7th at QB.

Some Picks I traded, we also lose picks for every player we keep and it's the pick in the round we took him. So if I draft a player in the first round, I lose my first rounder if I keep him for next year.

Had maybe 4 Picks in the first 10 Rounds this year and the best player remaining at the beginning of the draft was Larry Fitzgerald, who went 4th Overall after 3 RBs.

Most of the good players are Keepers anyway, with every team keeping 5 Offense players.

@Renegade

I don't think so, obviously. Though they have their disadvantages. If you suck at drafting for a year, you need 3 to come back.lol

OK, re-posting this.

16-Team TD ONLY League - Offense (TE get 1pt per 25 yds, 1pt for 5 REC, 6pt for TD), K, DST

1 player keeper. I have Tom Brady.

I have 4th pick.

Prediction from pre-draft discussion:

1.) QB - Rodgers

2.) RB - McCory

3.) RB - Foster

4.) Me

Overall Ranks based on league scoring:

6.) McCoy

9.) Foster

12.) Gronk

17.) Rice

19.) Turner

20.) Johnson

Or someone further down??

KEEPERS FOR 2012 SEASON

Arizona Cardinals (Ryan Matthews)

Atlanta Falcons (Cam Newton)

Buffalo Bills (Percy Harvin)

Cincinnati Bengals (Philip Rivers)

Dallas Cowboys (Calvin Johnson)

Detroit Lions (No Keeper)

Green Bay Packers (Peyton Manning)

Jacksonville Jaguars (Maurice Jones-Drew)

Miami Dolphins (Drew Brees)

Minnesota Vikings (Mathew Stafford)

New England Patriots (Darren McFadden)

Philadelphia Eagles (Vernon Davis)

Seattle Seahawks (Wes Welker)

Tampa Bay Buccaneers (Tom Brady)

Tennessee Titans (Jimmy Graham)

Washington Redskins (Eric Decker)

Drafted -

In order, as best I remember

Keeper - Brady

1st, 4th overall - Chris Johnson

2 - AJ Green

3- Nicks

4 - J Charles

5 - Pettigrew

6 - 49ers

7 - Helu

8 - Britt

9 - Holmes

10 -Dreessen (TE)

11 - a kicker

I think I have solid starters in every spot. For bench, I went with high reward players. I'm happy enough, with this team

2 RB 2 WR (can only have 1 RB on bench)

QB - Peyton Manning (6th round)

RB - Ray Rice (1st round)

RB - Darren Sproles (2nd round)

WR - Hakeem Nicks (3rd round)

WR - Dwayne Bowe (4th round)

WR - Marques Colston (5th round)

TE - Jermichael Finley (7th round)

FLEX - Anquon Boldin (8th round)

K - didn't draft

DEF - Lions (16th round)

Bench - Willis McGahee (9th round)

Bench - Mark Ingram (10th round)

Bench - Vincent Brown (11th round)

Bench - Joe Flacco (12th round)

Bench - James Starks (13th round)

Bench - Reuben Randle (14th round)

Bench - Bernard Pierce (15th round)

This is my big money super competitive league team, I had first pick and it's PPR and you get points for return TDs and yards

I'm really fucking pumped, definitely the best team I've ever drafted

QB - Peyton Manning (6th round)

RB - Ray Rice (1st round)

RB - Darren Sproles (2nd round)

WR - Hakeem Nicks (3rd round)

WR - Dwayne Bowe (4th round)

WR - Marques Colston (5th round)

TE - Jermichael Finley (7th round)

FLEX - Anquon Boldin (8th round)

K - didn't draft

DEF - Lions (16th round)

Bench - Willis McGahee (9th round)

Bench - Mark Ingram (10th round)

Bench - Vincent Brown (11th round)

Bench - Joe Flacco (12th round)

Bench - James Starks (13th round)

Bench - Reuben Randle (14th round)

Bench - Bernard Pierce (15th round)

This is my big money super competitive league team, I had first pick and it's PPR and you get points for return TDs and yards

I'm really fucking pumped, definitely the best team I've ever drafted

Nice draft but couldn't sproles have went to round 3?

Archived